• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LX210 swim platform

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
JC - where did you find the swim platform brackets. I'm looking to do the same with my LS2000.

I have the capabilities to fabricate, I had a blueprint / sketch or sample to go by. DIY guy!!

I'm revamping the whole boat, wife said no to new. Adding tower, stereo - speakers, revamp electrical system CDI. Fixing the nuances I hate.

Waiting for the weather to break in MD

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I can't remember exactly which site it was on, the bad part is, they had no photos of the brackets, only A description and availability. I remember they were all three around the same price of $265.00 each. I just did a Google search for Yamaha LX210 swim platform brackets and started looking at the sites that came up. I haven't been able to find anything that shows any measurements or good pics.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I'm not sure the brackets on the link would work, the factory ones extend into the jet pockets under the boat. These look like the mount directly to the stern,with the supports coming up at an angle.

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
JC6275,

Just wondering if you installed the brkts yet, can we work out a deal for you to supply me with some dimensions, card board cutout? PM me to discuss further please.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you guys come up with dimensions it would be great to have them posted here for future use.

Thanks

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@Yamatuf , I haven't bought them as of yet. I was mostly trying to find the availability of the parts. My boat is in the shed buried behind a giant snow drift.. LOL, it will probably be another month before I get it out and get going on the parts.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I was also hoping someone on here had an LX210 and could get the dimensions as well.. I really can't see spending almost $800.00 for three brackets.......

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
LX210 owners,

I see the two outside brkts are right angle brkts bolted directly under the boat's swim platform and extended to the external swim platform. This should be easy to duplicate just need overall length, hole locations from end with thickness of mtrl a bonus. The center post is the one of concern. I would need a cardboard (something similar)cut out or trace the brkt on a sheet. (angle and length is important here) measure the width and length of each top and bottom plate for bolting ladder on. If a JB'er has one I would be glad to explain what I need and how to obtain it, just send me an email. I will then draw up a print and post. Cardboard and a sharpie works wonders for providing a blueprint! WE could do the same for the platform itself.

Thanks for the pictures Bruce,

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey @Yamatuf , if you're still hunting for measurements and stuff, mine just got unwrapped and is high and dry where I can get to everything. If you still need the above, I can get it, but I'm not understanding your descriptions completely... how about I get one giant picture of the bottom of the boat showing all the brackets and everything, then you can point out which parts you need measured? Might be able to do that tonight.

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
That would be great, just PM me with a picture. One picture with outside brkt and one with the center brkt, I will mark up for your review.

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Yamatuf I started a "conversation" with you and posted the pic I made of the rear of the boat. I think that's the current equivalent of a PM. :S Let me know if that works for you.

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Thanks Don,

I replied back to your email with a marked up print, did you receive it?

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah, I'm just not getting email notifications, so I didn't know it. I'll see if I can get that figured out. Replied... basically, I can get all you need, just going to take me a bit.

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Checked a bunch of the measurements yesterday and I think I'm going to have to find a metric tape measure... Everything is "not quite". The metal is all not quite 3/8" thick... the bolt holes are all not quite 2 inches apart, etc. I'm pretty sure it's all metric. Added bonus... they used different bolts in different places! I'll note all those as well, but I don't think it really matters.
If all goes well, I can pull her onto the concrete and get everything measured up on Thursday.

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
No worries, just provide the numbers in english, I prefer it that way. not concerned about actual bolt size, I will custom that as I move forward.

The overall lengths and centerline of holes is important, especially on the swim platform side. I may just transfer these anyway after build.
Thanks for all your help, Maybe the Easter bunny will bring me a new swim platform. no hurries, I am deep in middle of rebuilding carbs and installing sound system

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Sorry for the delay in posting up my progress. I started the project last year by getting mtrl but just completed installing the unit this spring. Thanks to @smthng (I don’t know how to tag him) for providing the basic dimensions for me to get started.

Attached are some pictures with basic measurements I used with notes and a key. I cut the mtrl up into appropriate lengths. I then transferred all the holes from the swim platform into the angle plate supports. I bolted the supports to the swim platform and then carefully drilled up thru the hull. I drilled my own holes into the hull to where it may it convenient for me to access with a long drill bit.

Mounted cutting board and angle plate for support, applied 3m adhesive and bolted tight. 2 outside brackets are done. The center piece was a little more involved. Top plate, transferred holes thru swim platform and mounted. The bottom bracket mounted to the hull I machined the curvature/shape of the hull into the aluminum plate for a nice form fit. The last piece was the long 20” brace between the two (I started with 20”x 4”x .250” plate and custom fit). I taped the hull bracket to the boat and used a cardboard cutout to shape the center bracket prior to cutting the original mtrl. Transferred that shape to the aluminum brace, doubled check fit and welded tight. Drilled holes thru the hull, mounted cutting board and large washers, bolted tight. Project complete. I used 3/8” cutting boards for support against the fiberglass. It provides some give and can be heated with a heat gun to form fit or mold to the boat shape. Pictures attached. After mounting the blue swim platform I had to redo the seats to match the color scheme. Out with the tan, in with the blue. YAMATUF was resurrected.

FYI – Yamaha informed me I bought the last swim platform available for the LS/LX series boat.

LX210RearPlatform-marked up.jpg LX210RearPlatform-marked up.jpg View attachment 42566

Attachments

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nice! That looked like a ton of work, but the result is sweet. Just remember it's back there when backing up now. :)