• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LX210 swim platform

jzamudio24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Any one fabricate the brackets, I have everything for platform but I do not have the two brackets. Please help!!!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any one fabricate the brackets, I have everything for platform but I do not have the two brackets. Please help!!!
They are not complex shapes. Any local shop that welds aluminum should be be able to make something similar.

jzamudio24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
They are not complex shapes. Any local shop that welds aluminum should be be able to make something similar.

@Bruce are they just 90 degree angles? what did you use to to seal the holes so no water gets in after bolting everything on the boat?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Bruce are they just 90 degree angles? what did you use to to seal the holes so no water gets in after bolting everything on the boat?
From memory (I owned an LX210) - there are a total of 3 supports. 2 are just thick angle "iron" - aluminum - these go on each side. The center support is the largest and not a simple part, but shouldn't be too hard.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jzamudio24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Sorry for the delay in posting up my progress. I started the project last year by getting mtrl but just completed installing the unit this spring. Thanks to @smthng (I don’t know how to tag him) for providing the basic dimensions for me to get started.

Attached are some pictures with basic measurements I used with notes and a key. I cut the mtrl up into appropriate lengths. I then transferred all the holes from the swim platform into the angle plate supports. I bolted the supports to the swim platform and then carefully drilled up thru the hull. I drilled my own holes into the hull to where it may it convenient for me to access with a long drill bit.

Mounted cutting board and angle plate for support, applied 3m adhesive and bolted tight. 2 outside brackets are done. The center piece was a little more involved. Top plate, transferred holes thru swim platform and mounted. The bottom bracket mounted to the hull I machined the curvature/shape of the hull into the aluminum plate for a nice form fit. The last piece was the long 20” brace between the two (I started with 20”x 4”x .250” plate and custom fit). I taped the hull bracket to the boat and used a cardboard cutout to shape the center bracket prior to cutting the original mtrl. Transferred that shape to the aluminum brace, doubled check fit and welded tight. Drilled holes thru the hull, mounted cutting board and large washers, bolted tight. Project complete. I used 3/8” cutting boards for support against the fiberglass. It provides some give and can be heated with a heat gun to form fit or mold to the boat shape. Pictures attached. After mounting the blue swim platform I had to redo the seats to match the color scheme. Out with the tan, in with the blue. YAMATUF was resurrected.

FYI – Yamaha informed me I bought the last swim platform available for the LS/LX series boat.

View attachment 42561 View attachment 42561 View attachment 42566

@yamtuff are the outside brackets 90 degrees and are they aluminum?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Look back at the first page of this thread. There are pictures that I posted of the supports from the LX210 that I owned years ago.

If you want to seal but be able to remove the bolts use Lifecaulk or 3M 4200. To make it permanent use 3M 5200.

I would place backing plates on the inside of the hull.

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Yes the 2 outside brackets were made out of 90 degree, .125 thick al. angle. The center piece i had trimmed a piece of cardboard to get the curvature of the boat and machined the plate to accommodate the arc surface. I then taped it to the hull, added the top flat plate to the swim platform and made another card board cutout to fit between the two plates and support properly. Keep in mind if you add the swim ladder make sure the center bracket does not interfer. Used this cutout to trim the center support to length. I took the boat with the swim platform mounted with the two angle plates to my local welder. I had the top plate mounted to platform, held the hull plate and center support in location for him to tack weld both ends, then removed everything for him to weld complete. After full weld i transferred the bolt hole pattern thru the hull, mounted and sealed with 3m 4200. It's best to get the center plate as much contact to the hull as possible, it holds or supports a lot of weight.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
water level swim platform is really popular with those without the feature... and the brackets make a great pace to mount the Bennett 3000 actuator for a trim tab...
attachment - 2021-10-23T120850.791.jpgattachment (100).jpgattachment (99).jpgattachment (99).jpgattachment (2).jpegattachment_2 (3).jpeg