• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX190 stereo - wet sounds ws-mc-20 plus speakers, sub and amp

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Upgrading stock stereo from my 2019 sx190...

this in ongoing install...

I am going with;
Wet Sounds WS-MC-20 head unit
Wet Sounds SW-65 6.5” speakers 60w rms.
Wet Sounds STX 4 Micro amp to power the 6.5’s, 80w rms...I’ll keep the power low not to kill speakers.
Wet Sounds Stealth AS-6 self powered subwoofer 250w.
Sirius

I was looking for something easy to install that would look clean, provide good sound at reasonable price.

Found the amp used from creative audio and it’s in great shape, the sub was a refurb from them also. The head unit was new and the speakers were discontinued older model but new. I called and they were able to give me an additional discount for buying a bundle. Shipping was fast and free.

I’ll post updates after install...

A8D36DAC-0DB5-4424-AE1E-03608F9221DD.jpeg

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
everything is installed, but I’m waiting on my 4 gauge power cable for the amp and sub so can’t listen to it yet lol.... update when I get those.
523779FA-C000-46BD-BA80-A1A231E5F085.jpeg

Attachments

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm getting ready to install the same head unit into my 2019 195, same location. Did you have any issues mounting it?

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For me, I thought the MC-1 would be overkill on the 19' boat. I wouldn't use 4 independent zones, its just not that big of a space.

Also, the wife absolutely wanted quick control of the tower speaker volume and the MC-2 / 20 has those dedicated zone2 controls on the front.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm getting ready to install the same head unit into my 2019 195, same location. Did you have any issues mounting it?
Mounts in same hole but had to reconfigure the wiring harnesses both connectors had male pins , plus I was using an amp so speaker wires from boat are redirected to amp. I ended up using Deutsch connectors on everything.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well the hole in the dash was direct fit with this model and the price lol, I like the quick access to zone 2 placement as well

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now if only FedEx would wake up and get me my package with 4 gauge power wire...it was due Wednesday arghh.... still pending

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2E36E443-6E76-4316-93C5-143BDCB69CFB.jpeg
68FB5587-5B3A-454A-9CB3-E362E22E561F.jpeg
93CB9C3E-BF84-4A3B-92BB-17FC0222BC92.jpeg

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
New group 27 odyssey extreme dual purpose installed. Sound system sounds really clean crisp and clear. I feel the small 6” sub is near perfect for the 19’ boat and 4 6.5’s. This has accomplished exactly what I was looking for . Not going to win any contests but I have a really nice method to enjoy quality sound on the water.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It’s plenty loud and clear while underway too, tested that yesterday. About 1/3 volume is good underway for clear vocals and music. Fully overpowers the engine and wind noise

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What deutsch connectors did you end up using. Going to be installing the same head unit in my SX190 in the next week or so.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What deutsch connectors did you end up using. Going to be installing the same head unit in my SX190 in the next week or so.

I purchased this kit from Amazon. Worked well. Good luck with install, you will love that head unit. Some of my connections use a connector for 2-3 cables but only using 1 but whatever, it worked fine.

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

I purchased this kit from Amazon. Worked well. Good luck with install, you will love that head unit. Some of my connections use a connector for 2-3 cables but only using 1 but whatever, it worked fine.
Awesome, thanks for the link!

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It was a very very tight squeeze. Had to cut a bit of the dash and boat fiberglass to get it to fit, not for the faint of heart haha. Hoping if it ever breaks I can find similar sized unit. I posted one or two pics of the back somewhere here for someone but I did not take pics during the install sorry

natty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am putting this setup in my boat later this week (well the head unit, not the app and sub) and was curious what your wire mappings were. Is it all like to like colors or was there any odd matching? I'm good with wiring and electronics, just no experience with audio equipment. Thanks in advance

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am putting this setup in my boat later this week (well the head unit, not the app and sub) and was curious what your wire mappings were. Is it all like to like colors or was there any odd matching? I'm good with wiring and electronics, just no experience with audio equipment. Thanks in advance
I did mine earlier this year. Wires are pretty much color coordinated and also labeled. I actually cut both connectors and installed deusch connectors to give it a clean look.