• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX190 wakeboard tower

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski, How did this tower work out for you when you had the SX190?
It was just about perfect. But a (somewhat) tricky install to hit the mounts where you want them and make everything fit, especially w/a large flat top bimini.

As far as maintenance - I needed to replace one of the top bolts (due to worn-out internal aluminum threads in the leg) at some point, and that was about it. Great tower (other than it's a b!tch to install and fold), ours had four heavy speaker pods mounted to it plus two swivel racks (always full...), plus we used the flat top bimini to haul oversized boards, tubes etc. - strapped on top - very convenient. Zero issues on the Bimini trip.

--

jet_boater_paul

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
@swatski Hello - would you be able to post the exact Bimini top you went with from boardoutlets.com? (I have an sx190 and am interested in doing the exact same setup as you did). Thanks!

lslater171

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski Did you have any issues with this tower due to the extended footprint, ie, manufacturer says max 72” from front to back feet, I’m coming up with about 85-86”

Last edited:

toddb3573

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@DonWon - the Origin towers come with their own rubber gaskets and alloy plates for mounting. It is no picnic though... especially the rear mounts where the access inside the gunwale is very narrow. Some people actually make cutouts for access, but I did not want to go that way.
Coming very late to the party here - hopefully you're still a member... How did you get access inside the gunwale - is it open behind the seatbacks?