• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX195 use in Gulf

Someone on here may also be able to give you a spin in a 19 or 21 footer... Should give you a better idea than even the videos on how things will handle, etc.

I'd offer, but I'm pretty far away... and mine's a 24.

I am in Pinellas. I can’t imagine prices are that different.
I checked in spring and nothing
Someone on here may also be able to give you a spin in a 19 or 21 footer... Should give you a better idea than even the videos on how things will handle, etc.

I'd offer, but I'm pretty far away... and mine's a 24.
Thanks for offering, I should ask the dealer if they could arrange for a test run. They had 3 ordered and mine is the last available and may not be in until March so that gives me time to learn more and hopefully get a test run. I’m planning to hang out at the local boat launch Saturday morning to see if I can spot a yammie ;-)

A quick check on boatsetter.com, filtering for Yamaha, and there are a few 19 and 21ft boats that you could look into renting. None in Sarasota, but in Ruskin/Largo and surrounding areas.

Another option could be to join a boat club, or Cannons Marina on Longboat has a rental program. I have rented from them before when on vacation there.

Good luck in your quest!

Saturday will be a rough day for a new boat. I would wait until Sunday.

I've seen videos of folks taking bay boats and skiffs out to fish rigs. They are generally well prepared with weather forecasts, etc. Me personally, I'd want something more substantial because well...gulf and unpredictable. You are also in the belt for afternoon boomers.

Thanks for the advice. We’ll stay inside of Casey Key to enjoy the scenery and practice slow speed maneuvering and then hope my trailer skills aren’t too rusty. :eek:

Back