• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX210 in the Mediterranean?

dwlovatt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Afternoon all.

I am moving from Florida to Spain in 2024 and am wondering what to do with my (beloved!) 2021 Yamaha SX210 jetboat. I was thinking of having it shipped there.

With the St Johns here in Florida I have never needed (or wanted!) to go out in the ocean/open water. The SX210 always has performed wonderfully in that 'river water' situation. But...in the Med....is it going to be 'enough boat' to cope with that. Anyone had any experience of that?

Thanks in advance.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you’re comfortable with big water I’d consider it but it’s all up to you and what you think you can handle. Just like any large body of water, it can be great for our boats or way too much depending on conditions. The boat is capable but as a captain, are you?? No one can answer the question to boat those waters but you.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are a handful of them in the Hawaiian Islands. For some of us we have no protected water and so are boating in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Yeah, someday we look at the water an say nope other days we wake surf over known Tiger Shark territory! You will be fine in the Mediterranean, you just have to be smart about how, when and where you boat.

And put trim tabs on it.

Also, try and find a boating community in the area you will be moving to and get their advice. @rkim808 was a fantastic resource when I was struggling with my own decision.

SwissDoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I boat in the Adriatic sea, crazy fun with my 230sp, with luck my 285 will arrive in time for this season. So similar waters.

In the end only you know your boating skills and how far the boat will take you. Of course we have some crazy storms, building up out of nowhere and super fast, but you have the same in Florida.

I have been caught in some serious situations, manly the reason for the upgrade to more boat, again depends on your skills and plans. We do a long 100mile crossing over the open sea a few times a year, this requires a lot of preparation, weather, gas, comfort, weather back... If you only boat along the lovely coast and watch the weather, you will be more than fine. I have no experience how a Yamaha handles the open so I can't comment on that.

Main question for me would be the brand, no official Yamaha boats over here, so service will be a gamble. I am a Rotax head over and over, parts all over Europe and dealers in every major city. I have seen one Yamaha boat in all the years.

dwlovatt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for great replies all. I appreciate you taking the time to lay your thoughts out for me.