• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sx230 impeller & housing recommendations

xtrm1stang

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
just picked up an 2004 sx230. Needs impellers & housings. Going to go with the housings with plastic inserts. Recommendations for brand of both impellers & housings. What are you guys running?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad to have you on board, we've had some testing and for general use it seems OEM are equal,

some have replace the housing with the plastic liner and said they are quieter and if needed easier the change if it gets worn,

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello and welcome.
The schematic is not for your boat but should be using same pumps for reference

I just replaced #8 if that is what you need or at least changing bearings PartsPak is the place to order them. Didn't find parts anywhere cheaper.
If your replacing #3, OEM did so well why change it to plastic liner. My experiences with Sea Doo and the liners once they tear it up you'll get the cavitation. I liked that Yamaha has SS housing as I avoid sucking things up that will destroy my pumps. PO may not of ben so caring as my PO didn't do crap and engine is currently torn down to replace head gasket and redoing head to solve milky oil issues.

Make sure to check compression if you can. At least know motors are healthy.

You get get oil change kit and vacuum from here. Not sure if you have the 1.8 or 1052cc engine

Attachments