• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SX230 Speaker/Amp Install

Hike

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just installed the Clarion 5ch amp a few weeks ago in my SX230. I ended up running a new set of battery wires through the front of the engine compartment, into the starboard storage compartment and then forward to the helm. I went ahead and installed a new fuse box. I mounted both the fuse box and the amp with the industrial strength velcro. The stuff is crazy strong and will hold these items with no problem. I ran subwoofer wires back through the starboard storage and tucked my Bazooka tube into the dead space to the starboard side of the engine compartment. Fit very nice and the sound put out by this combo is super impressive.

In the picture with the sub, you can see my battery wires running along the cooling water lines. This was before I tied up the subwoofer wires, laying on the floor.

What type/size 2nd battery do you recommend with a clarion xc1410 and a 250w bazooka? Shouldn't that bazooka be facing into a corner? Did you play around with locations for best sound? Thanks

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If I go bazooka I am hoping to squeeze it into the compartment behind the helm.. all of my amps are there. I have room on one amp to bridge it and run the tube off of that amp so I'll get the un powered one. We are also going to put two speakers behinf the rear facing seats so you can get some sound to the people swimming..

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The issue with a sub behind the helm is that the door will vibrate a lot. I mean a whole lot. I installed a sub there and had to disconnect it, but couldn’t take it out because I drilled a huge whole in the side of the helm area.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I may try the bazooka tube there and aim it toward the side of the boat... if that doesnt work it is easy to move it.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
here is my setup in my AR230. This was before i got the inifinty amp finished hooked up. the polk is 5 channels and drives the 651s and my JL sub. no rattles where my sub is mounted.
20180710_200741.jpg20180710_200807.jpg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I may try the bazooka tube there and aim it toward the side of the boat...
Sure. That way when you crank it up you will be able to kill fish.

:cool:

Hike

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
here is my setup in my AR230. This was before i got the inifinty amp finished hooked up. the polk is 5 channels and drives the 651s and my JL sub. no rattles where my sub is mounted.
View attachment 88404View attachment 88405
What kind of battery do you have to run with this setup?
View attachment 88404View attachment 88405
Great spot for the JL sub. Is the infinity amp replacing the Polk? would the clarion 2510 be powerful enough yo run 4 db651s and a JL ib sub?

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What kind of battery do you have to run with this setup?

Great spot for the JL sub. Is the infinity amp replacing the Polk? would the clarion 2510 be powerful enough yo run 4 db651s and a JL ib sub?
I Have dual Optimas. Ill have to check which ones. I found that over the course of the summer they magentos in the boat can't keep up and i get a very slow net discharge. about 3/4 of the way through the season i started having some issued with my Perfect pass related to low battery voltage. everything else worked great. i installed a dual battery charger. charged them up once and was good through the rest of the season. I dont blast the stereo a ton though.

I have an AR. the Infinity amp is for my tower speakers. I have the giant older infinity tower speakers. I really dont like then for the giantness. I plan to replace them this year with the unpowered version of the wetsounds sound bar and probably replace that older ininity amp with a more efficient class D.

Not sure if the clarion would be enough power. The polk i have wasnt terribly expensive and has no problem. I have one of the lower end of the JL 10 inch IB subs. Plenty of bass for me though. I ran the 651s off my head unit for a while and they were fine on that so i dont think they would be the issue. I replaced the stock HU with a kenwood unit with the kenwood remote on the back. I made the hole for the sub using a dremel with a circle jig and rotozip bits. you have to go real slow as the bit will overheat quickly. i went through about 4 bits to make the hole. the fiberglass is pretty thick there.

arlowe13

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What type/size 2nd battery do you recommend with a clarion xc1410 and a 250w bazooka? Shouldn't that bazooka be facing into a corner? Did you play around with locations for best sound? Thanks
I have an Interstate 29 series deep cycle as my "house" battery. It runs everything for a whole weekend on the Ohio River. I haven't played with facing the Bazooka the other direction, might try it out this season. I have been pleased with the sound in it's current configuration, so I hadn't thought about it. I could not fit the Bazooka into the helm compartment, so that wasn't even an option. The space I have it in now is the perfect size and it's pretty much wasted space, any way.