• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy SX230HO / AR230HO MR-1 ECUs (6P6)

Robb235

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm looking for the 6P6 ECUs to go along with my MR-1 swap project. Currently I'm using the jet ski 6B6 ECUs, which function fine, but I'd like to have the Check Engine Light and No-Wake mode functionality that the boat ECU provides. If you have one for sale, let me know. Would need to figure out some way of verifying that the ECU doesn't have the "stuck injector" problem that is common with them.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
they are out there, I have a pair of each... curious about no wake mode... Im running 1800 rpm at idle and that turns out to be 4.6 mph and any faster than about 5 mph and im gonna throw a wake... I do notice that just bumping the throttle gets me 4000 on the tachs... i assume no wake mode cracks the bypass air valve and fattens the mixture for some specific RPM?

Robb235

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
they are out there, I have a pair of each... curious about no wake mode... Im running 1800 rpm at idle and that turns out to be 4.6 mph and any faster than about 5 mph and im gonna throw a wake... I do notice that just bumping the throttle gets me 4000 on the tachs... i assume no wake mode cracks the bypass air valve and fattens the mixture for some specific RPM?
Yeah, I hesitated and lost out. Guy I was talking to sold them to you instead lol.

My GPS speedo indicates I'm moving around 3mph or so at idle. Can't remember off hand what my engines are idling at. 1,600? 1,800? Definitely less than 2k. I think my stock 20+ year old impellers may be contributing to idling at a slower speed than your larger boat. I'm also not hitting the top speeds I expected, again, probably due to the poor condition of my impellers. Then again, the XR1800 sits deeper in the water than the LS2000/AR210 boats, so maybe that's part of why I'm going slower at idle.

I mainly want the boat ECU so that I can get functionality of the warning lights on the speedo. I have the stock XR overheat warning lights wired directly to the themosensors in the exhaust, but I have no warning for if a check engine light or low oil pressure light comes on.