• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

sx240 sound upgrade

Manningr22

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes, the rcas are capped in the Fusion head unit at the rear of the boat
Hey BakedZiti! I've been scouring this forum and trying to figure out what the hell to do with my system and it seems like you've gotten the closest to what I am trying to accomplish. I have a 2020 212X and simply want to add an additional amp to solely run the sub, leaving the rest on the HTX-6 that came from the factory (for now). I bought both harnesses for the Fusion stereo (not knowing which I actually needed), but without having the boat out of the water, I am unsure of which to use and how to do it the most cleanly and simply. Did you pull one of the existing harnesses from the fusion head unit, and replace it with the RCA one? If so, which one was it, and what did you do with the existing wires that were og plugged into the factory harness? I am struggling with this one for some reason. Appreciate any guidance or things you learned that aren't already above.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey BakedZiti! I've been scouring this forum and trying to figure out what the hell to do with my system and it seems like you've gotten the closest to what I am trying to accomplish. I have a 2020 212X and simply want to add an additional amp to solely run the sub, leaving the rest on the HTX-6 that came from the factory (for now). I bought both harnesses for the Fusion stereo (not knowing which I actually needed), but without having the boat out of the water, I am unsure of which to use and how to do it the most cleanly and simply. Did you pull one of the existing harnesses from the fusion head unit, and replace it with the RCA one? If so, which one was it, and what did you do with the existing wires that were og plugged into the factory harness? I am struggling with this one for some reason. Appreciate any guidance or things you learned that aren't already above.
When you pull the head unit out the factory should have left the labels on the harness with the RCA in and outs on it. You want that one and not the one with all the colored speaker wires. Your new harness should have labels on the RCAs as well. All your factory wires plug into the new harness. I think it’s a RCA for AUX in, And one for USB in. Then plug your RCAs for the amp into the RCA wires on the harness labeled sub 1 out.

Now for a decision point. The other harness with all the colored speaker wires “has” the remote amp on. However Yamaha pulled that connection from from the harness. So you can use your new harness and add the remote turn on, but you now will have to cut all the speaker wires and splice them in. I decided that was to much splicing and chance for connections to fail. My amp turn on went into the accessory fuse in the battery compartment as that is where my amp is. If you helm mount the amp you can try to hook into the cigarette plug wiring.

Editing to add photo below. Those RCAs labeled zone 1/2 are capped and don’t go anywhere. You can kinda see the one labeled sub 1. Fusion owners manual is online. It will tell you what speakers all the colored wires go to, as well as what all the wires are.
08AA6DD1-ACC9-48A9-B701-1F14D76AB18F.jpeg