• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

T-Top Wire Routing

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I used a shifting cable from my mountain bike to fish down the tube. It took a bit but managed to get it.

bccomstock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ok bad news. The framing tubes do not have pre-drilled wiring holes inside. As you can see by the photo I drilled right above the down tube frame. By doing that I was able to drill into the connecting tube to run the wiring so that it exits at the same location as the wiring for the anchor light. As of right now. Thinking I will run the wiring from the spreader light on the backside of the front tube to that entry point.
Finished up this morning with the spreader light install. Was not able to run the wire internally on the front tube without drilling completely through the front tube so I ended up running it on the outside. Zip ties maybe temporary until I come up with something different to attach the wires to the frame . New canvas top as you can see has not be strung up as of yet. Was waiting to finish the spreadlight.
@Tailwaters - I’m about to attempt this for ttop speakers on the front. I’ve drilled a hole on the J shaped brace that meets the rim frame and the main top frame where I want to place my speaker. You’re saying that you weren’t able to run from that hole on the top through to the front rim frame for your lights, right? Do you think I’d be able to get a wire from the top main frame section down to that J frame if I drilled where you did?

3F76BC9F-B74B-488E-9666-D336C344E2D7.jpeg

bccomstock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Tailwaters - I’m about to attempt this for ttop speakers on the front. I’ve drilled a hole on the J shaped brace that meets the rim frame and the main top frame where I want to place my speaker. You’re saying that you weren’t able to run from that hole on the top through to the front rim frame for your lights, right? Do you think I’d be able to get a wire from the top main frame section down to that J frame if I drilled where you did?

View attachment 181331
I haven’t actually drilled yet, but after talking with my dealer, I plan on drilling all the way through from the top frame and down into the brace that already has a hole drilled on it. Then I’ll fish the wire up from the brace through the new holes and then down to the first leg of the ttop. Next decision is whether I come out of that leg into the console (like nav light is wired) or try to go through the bottom half of the ttop legs and the floor to reach the amp inside the console. I tend to like less drilling but the idea of no wires showing whatsoever is nice.

bccomstock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I haven’t actually drilled yet, but after talking with my dealer, I plan on drilling all the way through from the top frame and down into the brace that already has a hole drilled on it. Then I’ll fish the wire up from the brace through the new holes and then down to the first leg of the ttop. Next decision is whether I come out of that leg into the console (like nav light is wired) or try to go through the bottom half of the ttop legs and the floor to reach the amp inside the console. I tend to like less drilling but the idea of no wires showing whatsoever is nice.
Update - finally made holes and figured some things out. None of the tubes I was wanting to feed wires through were connected with openings. I drilled through the top of the ttop, then straight down into the joint of the J brace where I wanted to hang the speakers. Also drilled holes above the front leg and into it. Started with 1/4” holes but made them 1/2” to work with easier. Wires hidden until they go back into the console.

2A49C820-3919-4C58-B567-11CD08C60B65.jpeg537824FE-A973-43B6-853E-14EF1BFF0AFF.jpegC150D7AD-A7E3-4539-9D64-F0261A9DDF48.jpeg