• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

*Teaser* New product from Gantlin Products

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Don' want to muddy the water, but could you build a non collpsible wedge that bracketed into both sides of ladder and went into both the tow rings.. one large wedge to clean wake on easch side same time.

I' sure you have thought of it and I'm not sure it' possible but without use of ladder folding out maybe?
On a Yamaha you have to list the boat to the surf side to get a good wave, doing a flap all the way across is not necessary because you couldn't switch sides to surf the opposite wake.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Darn I am kinda bummed no enchancemenr for the single guys lol. I just want something to help shape the wave and add some push if possible.

Someone needs to go all out and make a plow like the switchbalde on the older Centurion Enzo's or like the Wedge used in Malibu and Axis. Gotta get these boats down to displace more with less ballast bags all over the place for those of us without integrated systems.

IMG_8276.JPG

On a more serious note a universal Gantlin Wake wedge will be a super winner! Best of luck in the prototype and testing stages. Gonna be great if you can make it work!

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
a universal wedge....great idea!

When I got my wedge last year (both the other half and I ride normal) our two friends who ride goofy asked about a wedge for the other side. My response was "for $800, I'll be happy to order you one." I'm still waiting for said $800....but those two have now learned to ride normal.

I too would be open to one that goes all the way across the stern even if it would eliminate the ladder function. With the low height on these new boats, we hardly if ever use the ladder. And he/she who does pull it out is usually called "gramps"

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Keep in mind that this is just in prototype phase and we need months of stress testing to actually see if it is going to work or not. I do not want to put something out there that is going to break. I have told everyone all along that the stress that the jet pumps put on the wedge is the #1 reason why I cannot have a flipable wedge........... While building @swatski wedge I think I have figured it out.

A universal wedge!

There will be alot more machined components so the cost will go up ( but still alot less then 2 wedges ), along with supplying 2 ladder brackets. The only thing that you will have to do is move the turn buckle to the other side of the wedge. The pins in the turn buckle will have ring clips instead of cotter pins for ease of movement. Shouldn't take anymore then 5 minutes at max. Currently running all of the parts thru the machine shop and once I have @ar240owner and my units I will post pics.

We will still be selling the single sided version so if you do not need to flip sides then I wouldn't wait to purchase.
Nice hutch. Seriously though it may be time to put the boat mods on hold and take down the wreath before Sunday. Did I just seriously just say put the boat mods on hold?

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Will anything help a a single engine boat besides just adding more ballast like a wedges or something

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And BOOM!! Now for testing.

20180413_165618.jpg

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am very excited to see what this brings.

T. Turner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cant wait to see the results for this.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And BOOM!! Now for testing.

View attachment 71948
I am so glad to see you do this!
Assuming this one is not going to have anything on the regular Wedge (other than the reversibility factor), this new development tells me you have not found anything that would work better than THE Wedge.

See how I think? LOL.

But seriously - this is very reassuring.
I have wanted to be done with mods and just enjoy the boat, for a while now. I think I'm finally getting pretty darned close!

--

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@jcyamaharider
Are you knocking down the jet blast from both?
No still only one side, just able to switch the wedge to the other side in 5 minutes max.

Got out on the water yesterday with the new edge on the entire time. Didn't see anything alarming. I didn't fill up to see the wave yet, but that shouldn't change

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but can moving the wedge from one side to the other be done out of the water? If not would i be able to back into a shallow area and switch side?

Obviously it would be a pain to have to get on the trailer to switch sides.

We are going to start wake surfing this year, I have my daughter excited to try it, just picked up a new board and tow line. From my reading I WILL need additional ballast, which I'll eventually get, and I will also want some sort of device to clean up my wake. I'm very interested in this new product!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but can moving the wedge from one side to the other be done out of the water? If not would i be able to back into a shallow area and switch side?

Obviously it would be a pain to have to get on the trailer to switch sides.

We are going to start wake surfing this year, I have my daughter excited to try it, just picked up a new board and tow line. From my reading I WILL need additional ballast, which I'll eventually get, and I will also want some sort of device to clean up my wake. I'm very interested in this new product!
No need to pull the boat out of the water. I have switched our wedge while floating in my life jacket in 40ft of water. Waves become a pain but very easy to do in the water. Some customers have made lanyards that attach around their wrist to make sure they do not drop the wedge and surrender it to Poseidon.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I install mine from the swim deck every time I use it. Takes about 5 minutes. I have also used the safety rope to avoid dropping it into the deep.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We install ours like @Bill D
I sometimes ask everyone to move to the bow to lift the stern a bit. Especially when ballast tanks are full.

alphakg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So with this new design, are you going to be able to use the ladder with it attached? Will there still be the piece to swing out of the way in order to drop down the ladder? Thanks @jcyamaharider for all your work on this stuff!!

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
THIS.... IS... what i've been waiting for and the ONLY reason I've not pulled the trigger. YES PLEASE!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So with this new design, are you going to be able to use the ladder with it attached? Will there still be the piece to swing out of the way in order to drop down the ladder? Thanks @jcyamaharider for all your work on this stuff!!
As of right now we will not have a flap but I have an idea on making it work with the ladder. I just need to prove the concept.

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any chance we could have our existing wedge kitted to allow for it to be universal?

:D