• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Television

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone have a tv on their boat? Would be cool to watch some games on the weekend. I have Hulu TV so can watch from phone and would like to stream it to a tv mounted to waketower.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use the boat to get away from the electronics (aside from some music which I've moved to an "antique" MS Zune player).

HOWEVER, it seems like a neat idea. I bet you could get a mount for a large mirror (from carbon fiber or aluminum), and have a VESA compatible mount modified to fit. Then just need some cabling and a power inverter. Doesn't seem overly complicated really.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Last Saturday I was over at a cove where a bunch of boats had gathered together with tvs set up watching the college games. Good times.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Quick follow up on the technical side. For a tv you will need a pure sine wave inverter and giant batteries or a pure sine wave inverter generator like those Hondas for camping.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
We were just talking about this last weekend while at the lake and had to go to a bar to catch a couple games. My plan for next year was to hang a tv from the tower with some sort of home made bracket that attaches to a standard mount. Or figure out a way to mount it to the table leg mount. My plan would be an extra deep cycle to a converter and run Apple TV via phone hotspot. Unless the game wa on local and the HD antenna should work. Long winter to plan but that would be sweet to catch the first game or two of the season from the swimming hole.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Most TV's under 37" or so run on 12v anyways. Find a tv with an external power supply on the cord (power brick, wall wart, whatever you want to call it), and you should be able to connect the cord directly to a 12v plug and use it that way. I've been looking at the Samsung view, which is basically an 18" Android tablet. Runs all Android apps so you can have whatever content you like, phone technically not required, although you will need internet access. The tablet also has very low power requirements. Not a giant screen of course, but it would simplify things greatly.