• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Telluride

SeanMod70

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I was wondering if anyone has towed a 21ft boat with a Kia Telluride. My wife has a 2020 Telluride and it would be convenient to pull the boat from time to time . I have a 2500HD but it’s used to pull the racecar and it’s not always available. We recently ordered a 2021 212sd , this will be our first boat . Thanks ahead of time for any information you can give .

Thanks Sean

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you looked to see what the towing capacity is for the vehicle?

SeanMod70

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
It’s 5000 ...... That will be close but I was wondering if anyone has towed with a telluride.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't towed with that vehicle but think you should be fine as long as your not climbing mountains or going across the country with it.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't towed with that vehicle but think you should be fine as long as your not climbing mountains or going across the country with it.
I think it depends on a number of factors when you get close to the max ratings.

I only towed my AR190 a few times with our old 2010 Traverse and felt it was lacking. It was rated at 5,200lbs and had a 285hp V6 in it. Chassis and Brakes were acceptable, but cooling and power were not. Was unnerving a few times when I had 4 adults and 3 kids in the vehicle with us. Boat and SUV full of fuel and coolers and people. I'm betting if I went across the scales I was at, or close to the GVWR on the vehicle.

Really depends on how far, what the terrain is, and how often. Can it do it? Sure. Will you want to very often? Depends.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used to pull with a 4runner that had similar power, weight and tow rating. It was ok on flat stuff but a struggle on big hills.

For a secondary vehicle that you'll use once in a while I would think that would be fine.