• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tesla electric truck

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Like I've said, you e got people I the cult, then everyone else. Theres a lot more to a sports car than a 0-60 spring or 1/4 mile. If all you want to do is make troll stoplights videos, then Tesla is for you. If you actually want to drove a sports car, it isnt.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Like I've said, you e got people I the cult, then everyone else. Theres a lot more to a sports car than a 0-60 spring or 1/4 mile. If all you want to do is make troll stoplights videos, then Tesla is for you. If you actually want to drove a sports car, it isnt.
When is the last time you drove a tesla?

Your comments about Tesla drive-ability are silly, to put it nicely.

--

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Carolina motorsports park, model s 90 or whatever. The owner couldn't figure out why a ragged out v6 mustang was running faster lap times. Session 2 it overheated. Guy had it charging during lunch, session 3 the guy ran out of battery, and had to charge it the rest of the day to drive home.

Needless to say, he showed up in a 911 the next day.

It has some neat tricks for a commuter. But an even neater trick is costing half as much as a Tesla and being able to fill up. In a commuter car, that's worth a whole hell of a lot more to me. Less spent on a commuter, more money for toys. I can understand the appeal for people with long commutes in the city with a lot of traffic and free charging stations, but that doesn't describe my situation at all.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Taking a Tesla to a track is kind of a silly exercise anyway. It's not designed to be, or advertised as a sports car. It's a luxury sedan that happens to be very fast when you step on the fun pedal. It excels and, and exceeds in many cases, just about every metric other luxury sedans throw at it, with the exception of rapid fueling.

Tesla's well beyond the culty fanboi state. If they can get their large scale manufacturing together, they'll be a force to be reckoned with. Unfortunately, the other guys are starting to figure out how to build an EV and already know how to build a lot of 'em.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think the other major threat to Tesla is that as they grow, those exceptions to state laws to not have to have franchised dealers will go away. That means tesla will have to learn how to handle that aspect of selling cars.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd rather see those nonsensical laws abolished. But yeah, that's a road block for sure.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone know how Carvana gets away with selling direct without the hassles that Tesla has had? Or is that a different business model that I don't completely understand?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Carvana is preowned, so no such restrictions. It's new car sales that are restricted to franchises in some states.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe so... But he put a dummy... In a space suit.. Sitting in a car.... Into space!!! !! I am a car guy... Don't much like electric cars so I have no opinion on elon but COME ON! A freaking car into space... And with style! !
and landed the unmanned rocket boosters.

"all talk" indeed. <eye roll>

Sure, at this point, there is a little aesthetic kool aid you must drink to pay the added entry fee for most EV's.. IE: care about environment, technology, just having breathable air in cities...etc. (i dont understand how one could spend a hot day in LA and NOT care about this...but whatever.....)

For years, I thought EV's were silly as well originally... but Tesla changed the game, in that, you no longer have to sacrifice coolness or excitement once you do so. And the industry is following suit.

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Taking a Tesla to a track is kind of a silly exercise anyway. It's not designed to be, or advertised as a sports car. It's a luxury sedan that happens to be very fast when you step on the fun pedal. It excels and, and exceeds in many cases, just about every metric other luxury sedans throw at it, with the exception of rapid fueling.

Tesla's well beyond the culty fanboi state. If they can get their large scale manufacturing together, they'll be a force to be reckoned with. Unfortunately, the other guys are starting to figure out how to build an EV and already know how to build a lot of 'em.
Agree. However most of us who have Teslas are looking forward to the competition as it can only make the product better (and hopefully) at a lower cost.

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Since many seem to be interested... I just saw this https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/a22625274/tesla-model-3-performance-track-test/

Was going to put some quotes here, but it's a fairly short article if you're interested.

TL;DR
Let's be honest. This isn't a "track car." It's not meant to compete with the Camaro ZL1 1LE, Mustang Shelby GT350R or the dearly-departed Dodge Viper ACR. If you're buying a four-door sedan, even a righteously quick one, you're probably not planning on chasing apexes and torturing tires with it every weekend.

In that context, the Tesla Model 3 Performance does a realistic job of delivering impressive numbers and unbeatable feel. It's quick, it's tossable, and unlike everything your garage buddies told you, it won't melt at the mere whisper of a full-speed lap.

What they've created along with the entire Tesla team is the world's first electric sport sedan with bona fide race track chops. That's important for electric car technology, for motorsports culture, and for the future of the automotive hobby as a whole.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score