• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Texoma Aug 15-16

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm getting a trailer that somebody will be renting for Thursday night and Friday night and is leaving Saturday so I'll have it for just Saturday night. I figured it would have to be a 2 night minimum, but I lucked out. We were real close to bringing the tent and getting a spot at Juniper Point to camp. I'm glad we got a trailer, less crap to pack and bring.

Christy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We can't go. :( We are already out of town the 11th through 15th that week and then on Saturday, the 16th, we have to pick up Sydney from camp in Tyler. I'm sorry we're going to miss it.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No worries @Christy we're only inviting Yamaha boats this time. :rolleyes: :p

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We were out yesterday on Ray Roberts, anchored off a deep channel and floating, and the water temp was 81F !!! It was great being in a Texas lake in August and not boiling, lol!

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We can't go. :( We are already out of town the 11th through 15th that week and then on Saturday, the 16th, we have to pick up Sydney from camp in Tyler. I'm sorry we're going to miss it.
Sorry you guys can't make it.:(

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Checking with my gang to see about this. Will let everyone know. I haven't been to Texoma yet this year!!!!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@farrelltravis I hope y'all can make it. We'd love to see y'all again. Bring the boys this time!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hope to make it too!

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We have been parking on the north side of Wood where the cruisers once were before low water. This is just east of where the YJB meet was. The cruisers are all over there. We have had it pretty much to our selves because most boats can't go in that shallow water.

Go in the narrow cut from the west and turn right to avoid a sand bar and stumps. It's deep enough when you get in. If you look at Google maps you can see the sand bar and stumps when you zoom in. This pic was taken in winter when the water was lower. Now if the water keep coming up it might be full of boats. We will check it out Fri about 4-5. Usually stay out till dark and watch for fireworks.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My only gripe about that with low water levels is the water is so dang hot. Our deeper water raft ups and anchorages have me spoiled with cool clear water. If there is no wind, a south shore would give a drop off to the channel and clear cool water comparatively. But you still have boat traffic throwing waves toward the beach. There just isn't a perfect spot with the lake down. We love the beach, not the crowds, so if we can find an area we can take over, that is great.

That spot Dan, @DCB-270 , is the exact spot that I have been going to for about 35 years. But the last time I anchored there was before the cruisers and out of control crowd took it over. I used to call that half moon bay!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The water is still unseasonably cool on Texoma...

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well that's great I have off that weekend we shall be there. Mel did ya buy another boat? Travis we have room. And we can sleep 5 in beds 6 in recliners and unknown on the floor! If anybody needs accomadations! Water is great this year.