• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

The boat leans forward when idle on the water

Mine doesn't, it stays tight from the cleat to the bow hook so there is no rubbing.

My boat does not seem to collect water like you are describing. When I wash it or all kinds of people are in and out of the boat there is water but it all heads towards the back. If the water in the ski locker is high enough it goes out via the drain. I don't know why but it seems like the nose is low. I assume all the drains are open so the water can flow to the back. Very interesting. As far as the anchor I just tie mine off of the cleat. If the wind is up I throw the rear anchor out so the boat will stay straight in the wind. But I am not on the ocean. I did spend years there with another boat and still used the side cleat to tie off the anchor. I get upset with the time I get on the water I can't imagine only two months!

@Gym, last time I raised the nose on the trailer having all plugs open the amount of water was quite significant - about 20-30 litres (5-7 gal). It was definitely from somewhere in front because I pumped out all water from the engine compartment before I took the boat out. The ski locker was dry, the anchor locker is dry as well, I have drainage in it so all water goes outside. The tower is stock but there are four speakers and wakeboard holders on it, and bimini of course. On the front wall of the right storage there are two amplifiers. Two anchors - one in the anchor locker and one under the left bow seat.
In the back I have two batteries, the charger, all things like tools, shore power cable, flares, rope lines etc. AND 5 gals of gasoline in the canister AND 40 l (9 gal or so) water tank. This tank alone when full should overweight the extra anchor and amplifiers. Next time I will try to move the anchor under the back seat.
For the next season I will also remove the front ladder, never used it, and actually it is annoying to put it out just to get the anchor. Also I would put a cleat for the anchor somewhere in the middle of the nose, as it is much better, comfortable and safe to keep the nose straight against the wind/waves while anchoring in the choppy sea. Where do you guys tie the anchor rope?
@nicknick. It sounds like a "weight & balance" problem going on here similar to an airplane. Think of this as trying to balance a seesaw. The distance from the middle of the seesaw can be as important as the weight. If the middle of the seesaw in our boat is the helm and your 5-7 gal of water & two anchors weigh a total of 80 lbs and are in the bow (approximately 7 feet forward) now you're talking about 560 foot pounds pushing down on the bow. First off I'm concerned about the amount of water "(5-7 gal) coming from somewhere in front." I would find out where that is coming from and try to eliminate that. Secondly, I would move your second anchor as far back as possible. I'm sure moving the amps is not an option but there must be some other weight you can shift aft of the helm. All of your factory equipment such as tower and bimini are compensated for in the boat design. It's the water and after market items that are not. How far back is the 5 gal of fuel and 9 gal water tank?

Back