• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Boat Market Bubble is bursting...

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What's not complicated is my 2013 with analog gages and cables running the important things. Dont get me wrong, I have a 2018 Panera turbo that has significant technology but it comes with far more research before it's released and significant training of service providers.
You're also far better equipped to walk for help from your Panamera than swim for help from your Yamaha should something fail or not work as intended. Calling roadside assistance for a vehicle is far easier than in a boat (assuming it's even available in a boat). And a vehicle manufacturer has far more skin in the game, building 100's of thousands not just thousands of vehicles. R&D, hardware and software testing all get bigger budgets and better results. There is also a good deal more federal oversight in the automotive realm than the recreational marine environment.

All of that to say....I agree :)

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I feel like I am missing this something. This looks just like the one I have my truck, minus the stickers.
His other car is a porsche Panamera

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It would be very euro chic to pull the Yamaha with the Panamera. :cool:

It appears that the towing capacity seems to be around 4,850 lbs. :D

Don't know how well it might pull up a slippery ramp. :confused:

Jim

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
All wheel drive would do fine but its never gonna happen in my world

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Stop it, yer killing me :eek:
To complete the look you need a strap down, suction cup luggage rack with a few plastic totes without lids secured by bungee cords riding on top. Perfect 👍🏻

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Gotta own a truck too if you can afford the Pan, Thats where you put toys

dlsanz25

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok so whats yall opinion on purchasing a 2009 232 Limited s for 29-30? it books 33-37 according to NADA? I currently have a boat that I can put up for sale and will make money on but will be priced within NADA guidelines or I can wait and see how the market plays out.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Limited or Limited S?

Either way, that is a unicorn boat that will hold it's value beyond COVID. Those hulls are sought after by those that want the space of the 242, but the older, supposedly more durable, pre 2010 hulls.

It was inflated during COVID, so NADA is reflecting what some have gotten. But they are just so rare that there are few sales to base the value on. So each sale is unique. There are two for sale in our region, a Limited with third party tower and a limited S. Stick to your guns on that animal if selling. And if you see one in the $29-$30K range, it seems to be a good buy. Even when some 242LS have sold under $30 a few years ago. (Not now of course, but they did when I bought mine)

Good luck.