• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The great sell off of 2020

Sandbar29910

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Fortunately I was part of the great sell-off. My Challenger 230 was in the shop for 9 weeks so I missed the season. At least I had my SeaDoo RXT to put in the water. After I paid the shop bill, my daughter put it on Facebook Marketplace and her phone blew up. It was the week before Labor Day and people wanted to buy it from all over, sight unseen. Sold it and it was on the road 2 hours after it was delivered back from the shop. Crazy! Living at the coast, little to no inventory, and people cooped up definitely kicked it in for the Southern states.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We ordered a new 21 Moomba last week and got a great deal..same as you I got them to waive the freight and setup ($2695) in addition to a fairly sizable discount. They very eager for me to pull the trigger that day and not “think it over”..

Agreed- dealers know this hot market will be coming to an end, sooner than later.
Boat manufacturer pricing is similar to cars. Americans tend to have a very high list price and then mark them down or offer ridiculous rebates and Japanese manufacturers don’t really do that unless it’s left over from a prior year.
One isn’t necessarily a better deal, just a different way of getting there. You just have to be aware of what the model you’re buying is actually selling for out there.