• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

the hunt is over-new tow rig

clint6760

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice. I have a 2014 GMC Sierra all terrain. Love it so far and got about 12,000 miles.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful color! Best of luck with it.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's a nice looking truck. Congrats.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Beautiful color! Best of luck with it.
Thanks, hope it's as good as my 06, never a problem. Last time I changed oil [always Mobil 1] it was only down a half pint after 5200 miles. 145000 on truck

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
That's a nice looking truck. Congrats.
Thanks, was dealing on a metallic charcoal one but I kept going over to this brownstone metallic one couple less options that I would have liked, nav and intergrated brake control but like the looks of this one too much better

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Nice. I have a 2014 GMC Sierra all terrain. Love it so far and got about 12,000 miles.
My son got a 14 gmc a couple of months ago, great looking truck, he loves it and it's kinda what spurred me to buy a new one

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So what made you go with a Chevy? In the process of looking at new trucks and so far the tundra seems to be the best option as far as what you get for the price.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
So what made you go with a Chevy? In the process of looking at new trucks and so far the tundra seems to be the best option as far as what you get for the price.
I agree Toyota makes a good truck Iv'e ridden in couple and they are impressive, also think GM, Ford, and Ram are good products. To survive in the market as long as all have they better be good. For me, Iv'e always been a GM guy so I just lean that way but I don't think you can go wrong with any of those four. Didn't hurt that I got what I think was a pretty good price, almost 10,000 off sticker. Dealers sure don't want to dicker much though, trucks appear to be selling well. Kept my 06 too as they wouldn't give me squat,will just sell it myself.

betterwhenitswetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
and what exactly lead you that decision? Have you ever owned a GM V8 vehicle? GM and Ford are releasing the new 10 speed automatic transmissions for the trucks and 9 speed automatics for cars..., and soon GM's new Dynamic Skip Fire or DSF and still using the ol pushrod engine.

Bilmon, congrats, GM is awesome, however IMO would have picked a different seat color, the lighter seats get dirty fast. Also enjoy that lower cost of GM ownership, which a lot of people overlook.

FYI, would like to note, I was a Mercedes Benz master tech & Land Rover tech, I worked on just about every brand including , i4, i6, v6, v8 v12, diesel & bio diesel, turbo/super-charging, hybrids, and self taught tuner, I know my way around some autos, I was a bumper to bumper tech, I worked on everything, from engines, interior, HVAC systems, down to installing tires and suspension.

Last edited:

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I went from a '13 Silverado, to a '14 Tundra, to a '14 Ram. They all have their pros and cons. For me, the Ram is best. Stellar choice and congrats.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Bilmon, congrats, GM is awesome, however IMO would have picked a different seat color, the lighter seats get dirty fast. Also enjoy that lower cost of GM ownership, which a lot of people overlook.
Thanks. Seats are not as light as they look in that dealer pic,really more of a tan or very light brown, GM calls it cocoa plus no rug rats around anymore so it shouldn't be too much of an issue

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Great looking truck. GM all the way!!
Good luck with her!

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
OK couple more pics now that I've had it for a couple days then I'll shut up. It sure rides smooth and quiet compared to my old 06new truck 004.jpg 004.jpg

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Love the truck and have been looking at one for quite some time , but I've been apprehensive due to the vibration issues they seem to have.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have an '09 Hybrid Silverado, which is the LTZ trim level, and I have to tell you the fit and finish are great, as well as the amenities. The wheels have been effortless to keep clean and they are just about as high a quality wheel as I have seen. Don't damage them out of warranty, I had a chip in the chrome when new, and the dealer ordered me a new one...$900! But they have stood up to a ton, and look like new. The interior is light sand or tan, and while it does get dirty easier, it cleans easy too. We just today ordered a new Equinox LTZ AWD V6 and are excited to get it. We have been back and forth about getting a jeep wrangler or the Nox. We don't feel paying what you pay for a jeep will be money well spent when we won't need its capability, and my wife was pretty nervous on a jeep road we drove on vacation in a rented jeep. So we made this decision. Your going to love the new truck, and I will look forward to replacing my '09 in a few more years. Now if I can only get the bugs out of the coach!

betterwhenitswetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love the truck and have been looking at one for quite some time , but I've been apprehensive due to the vibration issues they seem to have.

Ramblin Wreak,
I was the wheel and tire guy at my dealership didn't touch anything under $10,000 on all the very high end Mercedes Benz cars and SUV's worked on a lot of clebs... cars/SUV's as well, I have seen a lot over my years, worked at discount tire when I was 18... during that Ford firestone tire recall eek! the point of that is I worked with hundreds of different techs over the years and very...... and I mean very few had any detailed knowledge of tires and wheels, to them it was just mount, balance and reinstall earn the money fast and move on to the next, and move them out door as fast as possible, which made me a bad tech per the dealership they wanted fast & faster work so they could get numbers, the only reason I was prompted to the wheel and tire tech was b/c the guys made lots of mistakes to scratching the wheels and destroy the beads on brand new tires.

I been looking around and given that most vehicles are only 2 years old nobody has replaced their tires yet unless its a dealership lifted truck (havn't seen those guys talk about vibe's). You can balance a wheel and tire all day but an "out of round" tire or internal seperations (which Goodyear is know for) will never stop vibrations, the tech would need to verify using a road force balancer (additionally he can verify if the wheel is bent as well, chrome wheels bend easier than stand alum... painted wheels) Most GM dealers don't have road force machines, let alone keep them calibrated correctly which I fought with my dealer monthly about. Never once did I see someone at my dealerships ever calibrate a wheel balancer or road force balancer. sigh' it drove me nuts. btw balancer calibration is to be done every day.

there doesn't seem to be any actual findings on the drivetrain vibrations , curious as I would like to ride with someone locate who has the issue. If someone has a issue in DFW with the stock truck on vibrations let me know I want to do ride along.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm not local but I got new tires on a GMC 2500 2 years ago and started getting bad vibrations. Goodyear tire store had it 3 times and somehow it was gone after they touched it but only for a few days until it returned. I gave up chasing the vibration as it took too much of my time and it's only a work truck. It vibrates like crazy right at 47 mph. Can't wait until we sell it or get new tires.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
FYI, would like to note, I was a Mercedes Benz master tech & Land Rover tech, I worked on just about every brand....
I'll have to keep you in mind. I'm driving an '08 Land Rover LR3 -- and stuff comes up on it from time-to-time.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats. It's sure is "purty"