• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The not going to Bimini thread

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I wish I was going too.....

Slack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My goal is next year. I'm still breaking in my engines.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I prefer to not have my bimini fall on my head and run out of gas. ;)

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Amen, sounds like fun. But I don't want anyone to break a seat bolster, or knock a hole in their hull from the box anchor bouncing in the anchor locker. Not like any of that has ever happened!

Who needs warm clear water, and all sorts of sea life and bikini clad women..... Wait a minute, where is the link to that thread again?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:( i have Bimini envy

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Amen, sounds like fun. But I don't want anyone to break a seat bolster, or knock a hole in their hull from the box anchor bouncing in the anchor locker. Not like any of that has ever happened!

Who needs warm clear water, and all sorts of sea life and bikini clad women..... Wait a minute, where is the link to that thread again?
Your seat bolster is already broken, I took care of that for you. No reason not to go now!

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you make the drive, swing by and pick me up on your way thru Minneapolis! I'll tag along, maybe even help with the driving, it only looks to be about 1800 miles from here (one way!). :eek: :(

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone driving through Alabama down I-65 feel free to scoop me up!! I'll chip in on room and gas hehe

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you make the drive, swing by and pick me up on your way thru Minneapolis! I'll tag along, maybe even help with the driving, it only looks to be about 1800 miles from here (one way!). :eek: :(
@biffdotorg
Yeah me too! Maybe we need to put together a MN crew to go next year. The wife would never go with me, and as hard as it is for me to admit this, I don't know that taking my 192 would be the best choice in craft for the crossing, although I know some have done it. Lets take @biffdotorg 's boat and @RightStuff and I can cover fuel!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just 1800, my trip would be 3177 one way. And yet I still think about doing it!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
To give you an idea, for my boat pickup budget:

Round trip to Hilton Head from Fargo, ND,
Estimates:
3000 Miles round trip
20MPG Trip Down, no boat
10MPG Trip Back, with boat
Average fuel price of 2.50/gallon
$500 for truck fuel alone

Actual
3200 Miles Round trip
22MPG Trip Down
11MPG Trip Back

So if this other trip is 3400 Miles Round trip with a 10MPG average and Fuel at 2.80 = $952 in truck fuel alone.

Sorry, that's not gonna happen. Dare we dream though.

Here is an alternate trip, we drop into Lake Superior and cruise around the Apostle Islands, or Isle Royale! Lake of the woods up to Kenora would be cool too. Although that would be a sin to cruise Lake of the Woods without fishing. The waves on Lake of the woods can get as big or bigger than the ocean. Due to the fact that it is a very shallow lake overall, and causes huge rolling waves.

Or we put together a Yamaha ride up and down Lake Pepin. Lots of great scenery there as well.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
To give you an idea, for my boat pickup budget:

Round trip to Hilton Head from Fargo, ND,
Estimates:
3000 Miles round trip
20MPG Trip Down, no boat
10MPG Trip Back, with boat
Average fuel price of 2.50/gallon
$500 for truck fuel alone

Actual
3200 Miles Round trip
22MPG Trip Down
11MPG Trip Back

So if this other trip is 3400 Miles Round trip with a 10MPG average and Fuel at 2.80 = $952 in truck fuel alone.

Sorry, that's not gonna happen. Dare we dream though.

Here is an alternate trip, we drop into Lake Superior and cruise around the Apostle Islands, or Isle Royale! Lake of the woods up to Kenora would be cool too. Although that would be a sin to cruise Lake of the Woods without fishing. The waves on Lake of the woods can get as big or bigger than the ocean. Due to the fact that it is a very shallow lake overall, and causes huge rolling waves.

Or we put together a Yamaha ride up and down Lake Pepin. Lots of great scenery there as well.
The only real downside I can see to this is that the women will be in parkas instead of bikinis. ;)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@biffdotorg
Yeah me too! Maybe we need to put together a MN crew to go next year. The wife would never go with me, and as hard as it is for me to admit this, I don't know that taking my 192 would be the best choice in craft for the crossing, although I know some have done it. Lets take @biffdotorg 's boat and @RightStuff and I can cover fuel!
My fuel cost is a fraction of his probably about 1300-1500 incliding boat fuel for the week you guys want to cover it go ahead and book you condos and flight lol.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All of my remaining vacation for this year is already planned out, but man let me know if the offer stands for next year. I would be in.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is tough being left behind.

It is not too late for you landlubbers to correct your mistake.

You have 3 days to get there for June.

Or 18 days left for July.......