• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The not going to Bimini thread

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Just so long as the bimini groups don't have to cancel and join this thread, i will be over on those threads

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The only real downside I can see to this is that the women will be in parkas instead of bikinis. ;)
Bikinis are like the seasons. Minnesotans appreciate them more than anyone else in the country, as they are taken away from us every year. And we have to enjoy them to their full extent while we have them. Because they will get taken away again quickly.

And then there is winter and sled season!

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m thinking I’m in for next year. As for this year, I’ll be here :(

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So everyone is posting pics on there way to Fort lauderdale. Not gonna lie kind of Bumming i aint in my truck with a boat on the back. This is my night # Faces of not going to Bimini.
Screenshot_20180622-184349_Ring.jpg

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did not go to Bimini today......

DE5D8DFD-7679-4E3D-B47A-6CB579D791F5.jpeg

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is me getting ready for a week long boat camping trip on the north end of Lake Chelan here in Washington State. A 30 mile one way boat trip into the Cascade Wilderness. I gotta get away from the internet because it is killing me watching the Bimini trip thread. I want to go so badly.

I'll have my own chance at large waves as the "narrows" on the lake can be quite treacherous. 20180622_184736.jpg

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is NOT my view of my trip to Bimini. . . .20180622_144559.jpg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
upload_2018-6-22_21-45-41.png Baby sitting my 16yo and a friend on the local river. These are normally happy times.

But... HOW can I have my peace sitting on the river while my JB brothers and sisters are gearing up for Bimini crossing...

--

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
View attachment 77213 Baby sitting my 16yo and a friend on the local river. These are normally happy times.

But... HOW can I have my peace sitting on the river while my JB brothers and sisters are gearing up for Bimini crossing...

--
I bet launching them off of that tube will make you feel better.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would love to go Bimini and it might become a reality one of these years, but as others have said, the trip from my part of the country would be a killer.

1500 miles one way getting probably 8 miles per gallon, gas is close to 3 bucks a gallon, that's 1200 in gas for a round trip. Add in the wear and tear on the truck PLUS the time it takes to drive both legs (vacation time I would rather be spending relaxing) and it's a bear.

Then start adding the cost of the actual trip ugh. I've even thought of renting a boat in Miami and taking the trip....