• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

The stock HU replaced with what? Read on...

So for $137 you upgraded to an amazing stereo!

I could swap them out in less than two hours.

Agree with Bruce....that is an easy swap!

It's a warranty claim. So me doing the replacement doesn't get me warranty. I know... I could swap them too. I hope
They do it in less than two hours...at $95/hr!

Also have them putting in the BT dongle. Couldn't believe the 700 didn't have that. But they are exchanging the Yamaha BT dongle with me.

I went in planning to get the sony, and commented that what I wanted was a fusion but didn't want warranty issues or to pay a markup on top of retail. That's when he said they stocked fusion for the regal...and that all warranty was charged at their cost! "Excellent, give me the fusion!", I said.

@Bruce @Chillypilot , so the ip700i and the MS-NRX200i need the MS-BT200 to be BT compatible? The ip700i is also not compatible with the iPhone 5 yet...but they are working on a mod tray that will then make it compatible. It is coming. What can you guys tell me about this thing? I have looked at the specs, but not the manual, although I downloaded both just now, I will have to look at them later. @Bruce...I told Clara...she is gunning for you dude! lol

I think you got a better deal @txav8r ... I did however remember one thing at the last minute about my Sony HU dock that I wanted to post for the sake of it.

Not sure if it is an isolated incident with mine, but my DSX-MS60 does have an issue with the iPhone / iPod dock. iPod nano always works flawlessly, but if my iPod Touch or my wife's iPhone 4S is not fully charged when I put it in the dock the iDevice will eventually overheat and shut down. It seems that the heat created by trying to charge is too much for the enclosed dock. My backup is a USB memory stick that has never failed me.

Just an FYI...

Mel, hope your stereo issues get worked out, but I think they should eat the labor charge for a warranty replacement, even if it is for dissimilar equipment, just sayin'.

I can think that way too @cwoav8r , but they did give me $400, which is more than enough to either replace the stock unit, remote, harness, and the labor to do it. It is also enough to replace with either the Clarion, or either of the two newer and more updated Sony versions including labor. I kind of think it would be wrong to choose a very high end system and ask them to eat the labor on that. Now you may have a point, and I may call and ask Reed if PD and Yamaha would cover it warranty wise if I install the stuff! That would get it done for only $137 plus tax!

Yea, but what is the warranty situation afterwords if you install vs. them doing it? That may be the issue...

The MS-BT200 is the correct Bluetooth adapter for the IP700 series. The MS-NRX200i is a very cool remote for it.

I suspect that with the MS-BT200 you may not have any desire for the lightening connector tray. My understanding is that the MS-BT200 allows you to use the iPhone in a very similar method to having it inside the head unit.

All of our phones use lightening connectors. All of our Fusion gear is the 600 series. We just connect via bluetooth and are very happy. @Rana played music for the raft up in Bimini with our amp less system. Then @RobA played music later. Everyone seemed happy with the output of both.

I have always preferred wired connection for the advantage of charging the battery too. Also, I don't like the units that swallow the ipod because I hear they get HOT!

Sounds like a good deal Mel. BTW my sad little sony rocked it all day at texoma today!:p

@txav8r I just installed the 600. It now comes with the bt-100 Bluetooth adaptor. Which is a nice touch. I just connect my phone via Bluetooth. You can get a USB adaptor for your 12v plug to keep your phone charged. It works very well Another idea would be to just by an iPod, used if you want to save a few buck and just use it for your stereo. What's nice about connecting with Bluetooth is you can use any Bluetooth device not just Apple products.

I have a 32gb iPod and intent to use it, but it had been locking up occasionally, so may use phone too. The bt200 come separately and have to have the 200 with the 700 because the connector isn't RCA. Thanks for all the help guys!

Back