• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Things for kids to do while in the boat?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are done for the seasons but I have 5mm wetsuits, so my kids (7,8 years old) will tube until mid October. The other thing to do in no pick season is to teach the kids how to manage the boat.
My 7 year old is very proficient on the ski, he can load and old of the trailer, can dock and take you wherever you need to. We are just waiting for him to turn 13 so he can ride alone.
My 8 year old is learning to manage the boat in open water. No docking or loading/unloading yet. But cruising or when dropping/deriving anchor she is at the help.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Give them some wax and polishing rags to polish the cabin fiberglass areas. After that give them some Strabrite vinyl cleaner and have them do the seats. While they are young they are supposed to be slave labor to make up for using your car, credit card and college expenses....then there will be mortgage assistance, grandchildrens' expenses........get 'em now 'cause they'll be coming for you later! :cool:

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
drowsy Dramamine, then they sleep

Wife drugged our entire boat on day on accident. she got her bottles mixed up.
Trying to be helpful and help some new people to avoid getting sick.. lol

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Give them some wax and polishing rags to polish the cabin fiberglass areas. After that give them some Strabrite vinyl cleaner and have them do the seats. While they are young they are supposed to be slave labor to make up for using your car, credit card and college expenses....then there will be mortgage assistance, grandchildrens' expenses........get 'em now 'cause they'll be coming for you later! :cool:
My 7 year old who rides the ski started like that when he was 5.

Attachments

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
drowsy Dramamine, then they sleep

Wife drugged our entire boat on day on accident. she got her bottles mixed up.
Trying to be helpful and help some new people to avoid getting sick.. lol

Not all heroes wear capes. :D:D:cool:

thats one way to enjoy a quiet day on teh boat lol

Jetdriver69

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I know this is an old thread but strap this little baby to the back of your boat and your kid will never be bored onboard.
For sale in classifieds

IMG_3792.jpeg