• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Thinking about getting a pontoon

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am not serious, but i really do love this rear conversion lounge on this pontoon. Also, this thing has about 20 speakers and LEDs everywhere.... When i am old i will get one i guess... Especially since it is as fast as my boat now.. haha pontoon1.jpg pontoon2.jpg pontoon3.jpg

Pontoons have come a long way, and their pricing reflects that too!

I saw a twin 350 HP outboard pontoon with the sweet rear recliners, stereo, etc all tricked out at Highport last weekend. That thing was awesome for cruising and beaching. I personally think they are a cool second boat (kind of like a minivan or station wagon - purpose driven) but they are FAR from cheap nowadays...

I saw a pontoon I could have fallen in love with...if it were not so big to get in the barn, took 3 guys and no wind to erect the biminis, and cost north of $100,000! But the layout and amenity is very nice. I know they are faster, but how is the ride on those things? I am told that on a windy day, you can forget maneuvering them to dock or load. Never had driven one, and the only time I have ever been on one, father of a girl I dated owned it on a private lake...let the thing do a sub move! Almost lost grandma! Apparently, not everyone on some of them can move to the bow all at the same time underway or it will do a sub move! :jawdrop:

If you ever get one get a two motor set up with the motors spread apart. They have great control this way.

Yeah...I'll pass. Bought the minivan years ago... But I will never go 'toon.

Reactions: 007
My parents have a nice pontoon. It's awesome! Because I go scout out the river and find the beach for the day and they bring all the chairs and stuff!

I can imagine...if it had twins on it, it would be totally controllable and probably very maneuverable.

My brother has a pontoon. I think he has a 90hp or slightly bigger Yamaha on it. It does about 25mph. The bow does dip down pretty low to the water if you load the front end. His boat makes a good addition to my AR240. He can park out in the lake and basically be a party island while we tow the kids around.

I love hanging out with folks that have a pontoon. @Wake08 's dad has a really nice one, but it's his dad. I can't go there yet. I'm too young! :)

Yeah, when i dont want to tube/wakeboard, etc... and kids are older and out of the house, maybe then i will get one

20140707_152513 resized.jpg If we didn't already have a pontoon in the family marina, I probably would have bought one instead of my Yamaha. There is no better platform to host a party on the water (at least as far as Lakes go)!

We just love to float...a pontoon would be nice for that, or anchored.

Either way, but I have no more room in my brain for something like that.

So I'm getting the poor man's pontoon-like accessory this year.

I'm getting one of these:

130705_00182.jpg

I ordered exactly what you see above.

I'll bet it comes in several boxes. :cool:

A pontoon is like having sex with a fat chick. Both are tons of fun, but you don't want your friends catching you riding one.

A pontoon is like having sex with a fat chick. Both are tons of fun, but you don't want your friends catching you riding one.
Hilarious

Back