• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally

Lth101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally getting to dip my 2011 242 Limited S into the Delaware river this weekend. This is my first boat ever and it will be my first time launching it alone. (Since my wife will be tending to my 2 and 3 year old boys)… needless to say I’m pretty nervous about ending up on one of those boat ramp fail YouTube videos 🤣.. any pointers from you experienced jet boaters will be much appreciated. I do have a class A CDL so backing the trailer up is really no issue, I just really have no idea how this boat is going to maneuver and I’ve been watching a lot of solo launch YouTube videos as well.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Take your time and don’t rush. Don’t worry about who else is around and/or waiting to launch. Launch and load at your own pace.

DiggerPA

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Where are you launching from?

Acard7

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Take your time on the water! Only go as fast as you’re willing to hit something. Make sure you have small pliers and/or pocket knife for anything that gets lodged in your impellers.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Don’t go any faster than you want to hit the dock.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
100% best advice, do not do it on a busy ramp on Memorial day weekend. Take some time today or tomorrow when the ramps are empty to try. You are going to assure yourself of being caught in a line of anxious people and other newbies that will make it 10x more stressful than it needs to be.

Worst case, there will be plenty of folks in line that will gladly help you out. Let them. Someone to hold a line, or back the truck etc. Go scope the ramp out while in line, and understand the etiquette of the ramp and how folks are moving out of the way once launched. Then you can concentrate on your launch.

Don't be afraid to do a quick dry-fire on your engines before backing down. That will be one less thing to worry about once you are ready to back off.

Good luck! Don't let others stress or rush you.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was a solo launcher for many years,

my two pieces of advice,
1. don't do it this weekend unless you know the ramp will be not be crowded
2. have a check list of items, it will be hectic, straps off, plug in, test the engines,

how far is the ramp where you will leave the truck to the pier where you will leave the boat, it gets tiring walking briskly from one to the other while knowing you empty truck is taking up a lane of the ramp and you get to go through the whole ordeal when taking the boat out of the water,

I would get my wife involved, if she could just back the boat off the trailer and circle until you get to the pier or back it into a sandy area knee deep and then you just jump on and go it helps everything,

When my 13yr old daughter finally took over that portion it took alot of stress and "work" out of a day on the water,

be prepared as you might have a dock strike or scratch on the boat but really it's just a boat and having a helper makes it so much easier,

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
100% best advice, do not do it on a busy ramp on Memorial day weekend. Take some time today or tomorrow when the ramps are empty to try. You are going to assure yourself of being caught in a line of anxious people and other newbies that will make it 10x more stressful than it needs to be.

Worst case, there will be plenty of folks in line that will gladly help you out. Let them. Someone to hold a line, or back the truck etc. Go scope the ramp out while in line, and understand the etiquette of the ramp and how folks are moving out of the way once launched. Then you can concentrate on your launch.

Don't be afraid to do a quick dry-fire on your engines before backing down. That will be one less thing to worry about once you are ready to back off.

Good luck! Don't let others stress or rush you.
All of the above but especially make sure your engines are going to start BEFORE getting line and or backing down the ramp.