• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thinking about Yamaha FatSac

Levi Weatherford

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As the title states, I am thinking about adding a custom Yamaha FatSac for my 212 LS to my ballast setup. My concern is how you guys are securing the bag to the back swim deck on the 21' boats. Our boats don't have that center small cleat like the 24 footers do. I am wanting something quick and secure. Can I get some pics of you guys' setups?

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I added a center cleat to my 21 - it was simple and cheap. I'll try and get a pic of it today if it stops raining here. I put a small metal plate on the back of it to distribute the weight and it has worked great. So my typical tie down of transom bags goes from tower to center cleat to outer cleat.

RXBoost

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just put one on my transom and used it for the first time yesterday. I went from the cleat on the side of the boat to the hook between the seats where you can hook towables. I looped it twice and it seemed good.

My biggest problem was I filled the stock ballasts all the way and then filled the fatsac all the way. My boat couldn't even muster 10mph..... I had to drain the fatsac to half capacity to be able to surf. That's with just my wife and me and no passengers.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Somethings wrong @RXBoost . Your boat should not have a problem with that weight.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think this is his standard set up for deep waterIMG_3427.JPGIMG_3617.JPG. But when he combines the Booster and Thrust Vector Wake he runs with no ballast.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just put one on my transom and used it for the first time yesterday. I went from the cleat on the side of the boat to the hook between the seats where you can hook towables. I looped it twice and it seemed good.

My biggest problem was I filled the stock ballasts all the way and then filled the fatsac all the way. My boat couldn't even muster 10mph..... I had to drain the fatsac to half capacity to be able to surf. That's with just my wife and me and no passengers.
Need some weight in the front. Try moving everyone to the bow, just to see... if that helps, then you can figure out the best way to adjust. I have a 400lb bag that I fill up on the floor in the bow. Other's use a couple hundred lbs of lead bags.

RXBoost

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Need some weight in the front. Try moving everyone to the bow, just to see... if that helps, then you can figure out the best way to adjust. I have a 400lb bag that I fill up on the floor in the bow. Other's use a couple hundred lbs of lead bags.
So I did the irrresponsible test - I gunned it and both my wife and I moved to the bow and it helped a little bit. I mean, will just putting extra weight on the front cause this to work? Is that a possible problem?

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread, I made my own for this topic.