• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thinking of selling my 2014 Limited S

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well I am considering going to the dark side and buying a dedicated surf boat. I am thinking of selling mine for $45,000. I am looking for feedback on price. It is in excellent shape with the following mods:
-Wetsounds 6 channel amp
-Wetsounds powered sub
-Dual bank Pro Charger
-Thrust Vector XLs

As with most of us I am very particular about my boat. It has had excellent care. We (my wife who really makes the final decision) are still kicking this idea around. We could wait for next year. Thanks for the help!

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Given the price of the new models, I think your price is fair. You are also getting close to prime selling season which is a big plus. By the sounds of it, you keep the boat in nice shape, but it would helpful to know the engine hours.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What surf boat are you looking at?

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It is possible. What are the current hours? I sold my 2014 AR240 for that with about 30 hours on it. Had a JL audio system plus seadek. It just takes the right buyer. Remember you don't have to take the first offer unless you want a new boat right away.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
-Dual bank Pro Charger

My car guy kicked in for a few seconds and I was thinking to myself " How in the hell did he Procharge his boat." LOL!!!!

Battery charger.....Got it!! :thumbsup:

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Helipilot11 It has 110 hours I think. It is in storage but that should be close.

@DJMattyT Well I am still looking but thinking if I go new it will be between Moomba, Axis, or Mastercraft NXT. I like the seating in the 2016 Moomba's. I want to stay below $70,000. If I buy used it has to have some type of surf system either a gate or tabs. I want to surf without any mods.

Freezer41

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Helipilot11 It has 110 hours I think. It is in storage but that should be close.

@DJMattyT Well I am still looking but thinking if I go new it will be between Moomba, Axis, or Mastercraft NXT. I like the seating in the 2016 Moomba's. I want to stay below $70,000. If I buy used it has to have some type of surf system either a gate or tabs. I want to surf without any mods.
Axis is nice

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Nice man! I wanted to buy a wakeboarding boat so bad before I bought my Scarab. With Hurricane Sandy hitting Long Island s few years ago it was tough finding something used in my price range but trusting that it wasn't damaged in the storm. I almost bought an Axis A20. Mastercrafts are still my favorite boat out there, maybe one day but in the meantime I love my Scarab.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is a screen shot of your boat's value according to NADA. I usually use nada value as a base if there are no comps within the area I'm willing to travel for the boat (around 500 miles from home). In the off season Id take off 10% as a seller that wants to make a quick sale. No one seems to place much value on aftermarket add ons like stereo equipment, or at least the shoppers I've Met are not willing to pay for it, so you may be better off removing some of yours and selling thrm separately or keeping them for your next boat. I haven't seen it written anywhere but believe that 50 hours per year is about average or analogous to the 10k to 12k miles per year allotted to cars. Nada doesn't factor in engine hours but in the special notes section indicates that salt water boats that are not rinsed with fresh water are worth 10% to 15% less than their fresh water counterparts. Good luck wit the sale and purchase of your next boat.

image.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here are a few more screen shots for comparison. The craigslist ad is for one close too me and it's being sold on consignment at a boat dealer. Based on the ads on boat-trader your price of $45k seems very reasonable, currently there are 18 listed on boat trader an only one is below $45k, it's listed at $44k. I'd wait until Spring to sell it for top dollar.

image.jpg
image.jpg

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

@BlacklimitedS Feel free to reach out to me as I just went through this buying process with all three of those manufacturers. You can see which I chose, but I would be happy to share with you my reasoning etc.....

prorider17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@CFD3Captain I would like to hear it! I'm still excited to see surf pix.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
You can't leave us all hanging like that @CFD3Captain :p
Well what do you want to know? LOL I will post the short story of my PM to @BlacklimitedS concerning those 3 manufacturers.

MC is top of the line, but the NXT20 was in my price range.... I didn't like it and it was still way more than a comparable Moomba.

Axis I don't like the windshield / screen. I think it looks "unfinished" Again it is personal. I also read it's not quite as "finished" as the Moomba. But it is also one of the best wakes/waves. There are trade off's to every brand.

Moomba...my closest dealer, like the community / forum (not as good as this one, but it works) fit my budget, not a lot of bells and whistles to potentially fail and it fit my budget ;) Plus who doesn't like saying MOOOOOOMBA :)

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That's it. I am sure everyone enjoys hearing someone's else's point of view on different boat brands and what you liked verses someone else. You might have even help someone with their decision?

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@CFD3Captain Thank you for the information. I replied yesterday on my phone but it didn't post. I have added used MBsports to the list. I wish Yamaha had a surf option. My wife loves the swim platform seating on our boat. I do admit it would be nice to have the best of both worlds (and spend less than 100K)!

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Ha, my wife could take or leave the swim platform and actually she REALLY wanted a sun pad to lay on. Problem solved :)