• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thinking of trading in 2015 AR210

GeauxDeep

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi guys, I have a 2015 AR210 in the suede gray color. Love the boat has about 225 hours right now. Anyone traded for a new AR210? maybe 2018 or later? I know the newer ones have the TR-1 engines. obviously i have the 4 cylinder 1052 cc engines right now. I thought mine were 160 HP each and due to that i said i'd never trade it for another AR210 but after some research i think they're only 110 HP each. Anyway, just wondering if anyone had made this change. Wondering if it would be worth it. I like the newer forward swept towers too. I keep mine in the garage all the time and my tower is a pain. I think the newer tower would be a little bit easier to deal with. I don't have hinged seats either. At first i thought this would be a great upgrade, but mine make cleaning easier i would think. My local boat show is next month and I'm planning on going just to look around. Another reason i'd be hesitant to trade is that i've put in a full seadek kit and redone the stereo. All wet sounds in the cockpit, two tower speakers, 10" sub and two amps. I know the stock AR stereo is nothing to write home about. So i really don't know if trading would be worth it. What do you guys think? Any advice out there? And no, the wife has no idea I'm asking these questions! HAHA! Thanks guys!

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sounds like you’ve got a pretty good set up except for some relatively minor issues. I bet that stereo setup cost you a pretty penny and you certainly won’t get all that back.

I guess it depends it how important these issues are to you. A 5-year old boat is certainly not old. I have a 1995 chaparral that still runs just fine.

In terms of the engines, not sure this helps but I have a 2017 212X with the bigger engines and it tops out at 50mph at 1500 ft. The pulling power for skiing and tubing is great though.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As a previous owner of a 2014 AR210 I wouldn't get rid of your boat unless you are wanting something majorly different. I went to a 24ft center console bay boat because that is more of what I wanted to do with my boating. I personally wouldn't have gotten rid of my AR210 for another AR210, no way, especially given all the upgrades you have done. But ultimately it's your money, your earned it, you spend it in any way that makes you happy...assuming the wife approves. At least we all have the luxury to buy high price toys.

GeauxDeep

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies guys. I really love my stereo now and thats one thing i was thinking about too.....i'd never get all that money back. and then i'd be starting over in the new one. Honestly, i think i'm going to end up keeping what i have. it's a great boat for us and really does everything we want it to do. i'd maybe consider trading for the 212S but thats really more than i'd want to spend. Very grateful for the chance to own such a great boat. I get a lot of compliments on it even though we all know it's nothing crazy like some of the boats out there. Thanks for the advice fellas! i don't know about you guys but I'm ready for summer!

Dave burke

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I really like my 212X but not sure it’s worth the extra money over what you have. I bought it mainly because of the bigger engines, the ballast system and the stereo. The Connex screen is nice too but I’ve had some problems with it which makes me nervous...

i dont use the ballast system that much and significantly upgraded the stereo so the primary benefit in my case is the engines. Just one man’s experience though...

joshuam.garza

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi guys, I have a 2015 AR210 in the suede gray color. Love the boat has about 225 hours right now. Anyone traded for a new AR210? maybe 2018 or later? I know the newer ones have the TR-1 engines. obviously i have the 4 cylinder 1052 cc engines right now. I thought mine were 160 HP each and due to that i said i'd never trade it for another AR210 but after some research i think they're only 110 HP each. Anyway, just wondering if anyone had made this change. Wondering if it would be worth it. I like the newer forward swept towers too. I keep mine in the garage all the time and my tower is a pain. I think the newer tower would be a little bit easier to deal with. I don't have hinged seats either. At first i thought this would be a great upgrade, but mine make cleaning easier i would think. My local boat show is next month and I'm planning on going just to look around. Another reason i'd be hesitant to trade is that i've put in a full seadek kit and redone the stereo. All wet sounds in the cockpit, two tower speakers, 10" sub and two amps. I know the stock AR stereo is nothing to write home about. So i really don't know if trading would be worth it. What do you guys think? Any advice out there? And no, the wife has no idea I'm asking these questions! HAHA! Thanks guys!
As a new owner of 2015 AR210, I'd love some info on your sound system. Thinking of upgrading from stock.