• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

This Forum Helped Me Decide to Buy

TexAg2010

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
+1 on the bottom of the wheel trick! This is how I learned too and it really simplifies things.

Congrats on your SD as well! I’m excited to play with the paddle controls - they’ll bring a whole different strategy compared to split throttles for dock maneuvers. With the ability to apply light, momentary thrust in the same direction with both engines, I expect you treat the paddles like single engine controls just with no need to take hands off the wheel.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Congratulations on your awesome boat. I settled for the 212SE because it's easier to tow, and easier to stow. When I was in my 20-30"s I had a V-drive and a Sanger Super Jet that was badass. Well that was 30 years ago. The old man is retiring in May, so I bought a new boat. It's been 30 years. I'm back!

TexAg2010

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Congrats yourself @RobbieO ! Heck of a retirement gift and well-earned no doubt. The 212’s are beautiful boats and I strongly considered one. So good to know we’ll be able to be on the water this season!

Between the 212 and 252 series, I started leaning towards the bigger one when I realized neither would fit in my garage. When I realized just how real the inventory shortage was, finding one in stock sealed the deal. More space for company is always nice, and the extra size/weight will be a benefit when I take it to rougher water like Lake of the Ozarks is notorious for. My little local lake is just a few minutes from the storage unit, so the majority of my towing will be real short drives, thankfully. For long weekends, the Ozarks and Table Rock are within 2-3 hours drive. I’ll be picking my boat up from Lake of the Ozarks so I’ll get a feel for that ride right off the bat.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Congrats yourself @RobbieO ! Heck of a retirement gift and well-earned no doubt. The 212’s are beautiful boats and I strongly considered one. So good to know we’ll be able to be on the water this season!

Between the 212 and 252 series, I started leaning towards the bigger one when I realized neither would fit in my garage. When I realized just how real the inventory shortage was, finding one in stock sealed the deal. More space for company is always nice, and the extra size/weight will be a benefit when I take it to rougher water like Lake of the Ozarks is notorious for. My little local lake is just a few minutes from the storage unit, so the majority of my towing will be real short drives, thankfully. For long weekends, the Ozarks and Table Rock are within 2-3 hours drive. I’ll be picking my boat up from Lake of the Ozarks so I’ll get a feel for that ride right off the bat.
Well truth be told, I'm jealous. It would cost a fortune to store that boat inside here in California. I have to admit, after watching "The Ozark" on Netflix, I'm in love with that lake. Looks like tons of fun.

TexAg2010

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
F020091D-C705-4105-89BD-71A6BE86B630.jpeg
Got her home today! The 3.0 Baby Stroke towed just fine, kept up with the 65 mph speed limits on cruise control, just dropped down to 8th or 7th gear on the uphills. I expected that with the 10-speed transmission, running the tow mode shift/throttle program. After a 2.5-hour trip home, I can see why the wide towing mirrors could be a useful upgrade at some point. Would be helpful to more easily see the the top of the bimini and the trailer tire at the same time instead of having to bob and weave my head to see one or the other. MPG dropped from near 22 on the way out to near 17 while towing.

Now to finish outfitting while I wait for the lake to thaw!