• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

This is the place - Utah Jet Boaters

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Will do. We are staying at the lodge. Last weekend to get winter pricing :).

The bay south east of Manila seems like a good place to camp. We will see how far up lake we make it. Sounds like fishing for lakers is best right out on that bay to the east.

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I might go to Flaming Gorge this year for my camping trip with my son and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for camping spots with relation to beaching or anchoring your boat. This is the website I have been researching http://www.flaminggorgecountry.com/camping
I like the Jarvies boat in campground. No beaching there but they have slips and campgrounds with bathrooms. you can reserve them at recreation.gov for about $20 a night. Money well spent!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I need to move! Y'all have all the neat and scenic destinations out there!

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was going to like, agree and a lot of other things to your post, but I was only given a single option :).

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the Jarvies boat in campground. No beaching there but they have slips and campgrounds with bathrooms. you can reserve them at recreation.gov for about $20 a night. Money well spent!
Thanks, I'll check it out

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We'll have to look into that campground for at least a night or two when it's time for us to venture out to Powell.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The whole lake at Powell is a campground :).

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've noticed that in following these threads of Powell. What caught my eye on this campground was access to restrooms. I wouldn't necessarily have to purchase and deal with a Porta potty.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Gotcha. There are a handful of floating bathrooms on the lake, but all of the campgrounds (most are RV) are at the main marinas. Nothing really set up for full service throughout the lake. Not really sure if that helps :)

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We'll have to look into that campground for at least a night or two when it's time for us to venture out to Powell.
Just for clarity, the Jarvies campground is at Flaming Gorge...Not Lake Powell. Powell does have floating restrooms approximately every 5 or 10 miles or so. Most people bring a porta-potti if they think they will need one.

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are taking about flaming
The Jarvis campsite looks far from the dock, I like the car camping Idea tho.

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are taking about flaming

The Jarvis campsite looks far from the dock, I like the car camping Idea tho.

Well, There is really nice nice car camping at the Deer Run, or Cedar Springs campground, right near the Cedar Springs Marina. p.s. "The Snag" has to be the coolest little floating bar and grill around. I really like that Cedar Springs Marina. Here is a picture of the road heading to Deer Run...

Jarvies Dock is not as far from the sites as you think....Here is why my kids like Jarvies....

and some fish from the Jarvies Docks....

If you get bored of Jarvies, Don't forget to raft the green below the dam...

Oh yeah...its fun to kayak around the Antelope Flats area...

People sometimes make fun of us Utahns in the rest of the country.... Let them laugh, let them laugh.....

Jon

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Haha, I think I am inclined to follow your recommendations seeing as how you are so familiar with the area. So Jarvis or Cedar Springs?

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is the first time I've been on the south end of flaming gorge and it is very beautiful. Like LP but with trees. Great pictures, Jon! Hope to contrib some of my own soon (though they will all be cell phone pictures as my wife forgot the DSLR).

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Jarvies is boat in only...you cannot get to it from a car, but is a few miles by boat from the cedar springs marina. you would have to leave your car parked at Cedar Springs marina overnight. Cedar springs CAMPGROUND and Deer Run campground are very close to cedar springs MARINA, and better if you want to car camp and just slip your boat at the marina for day excursions. The south/southeast end is much, more scenic than the rest. It is worth the longer drive. plus you can tour the dam and float the green river. Fireworks over fourth of july seen from cedar springs launched from ducth john. If you plan to trailer retrieve your boat everyday, and dont need a slip, you should look at the Mustang Ridge Campground that has a launch ramp as well.

If your family is a little brave, Jarvies is hard to beat. I would say for your first trip go to Cedar Springs

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I need to move! Y'all have all the neat and scenic destinations out there!
We'd love to have you Mel! fly for Delta and you can be based here.

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

utahrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will make reservations once i have coordinated with my buddy have you eaten here? http://oneforthetable.com/Utah/snag-bar-and-grill.html
Yes, I have eaten at the Snag. It is awesome, but realize it is a bar with a backyard barbeque cooking up some casual food. Nothing fancy just great people, good food, and a VERY casual atmosphere. It is really the only place you could eat at the Marina. You could drive into Dutch John a few miles away if you wanted, or also eat at the Flaming Gorge Resort. The Resort has pretty good food. Nothing beats the ambience of the snag though!

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I booked my father -son camping spot at Cedar Springs marina for the 12th-13th of June, Should be fun.