• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Thoughts on this boat?

nickyb21

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
2017 ar 195
226 hours asking 22k cash
Very tempted but the hours seem a bit high, service was just done at boat dealer near him and checked out clean. Hes eager to sell it, bought another boat.
All other maintenance was done by someone at his camp.

Thoughts, what should i look for if i go check it out? Around me (boston area) most 195s are 30k+
Anyone buy boats with that many hours on it?
We would put maybe 50 hours a year on it if we are lucky.

The other thing is, im not a huge fan of navy blue.

Attachments

• IMG_0557.jpeg
    IMG_0557.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0558.jpeg
    IMG_0558.jpeg
    993.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0559.jpeg
    IMG_0559.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
That's nothing for hours. Practically just broke in. I would be more concerned if it only had 50 hours on it. All The other concerns ill let everyone else chime in.

Boat looks in great shape from what I can see. I’d definitely take it for a sea trial and see how it performs. If anything doesn’t feel right, take it to a mechanic.

Has it seen salt water? If yes, I’d be hesistant.

Hours don’t bother me. That’s only about 30 or so a season.

Boat looks in great shape from what I can see. I’d definitely take it for a sea trial and see how it performs. If anything doesn’t feel right, take it to a mechanic.

Has it seen salt water? If yes, I’d be hesistant.

Hours don’t bother me. That’s only about 30 or so a season.
He said never in put in salt water. Probably going to see it on monday.

Has some scratches from the docks but looks pretty clean.

Agree that 226 hours is not high at all. I keep an eye on used wake boats for sale, and most of them have 400-800 hours on them! 22k seems like a good price at face value

here's another thing, tired of people trashing saltwater boats. If they are properly maintained they are perfectly acceptable as is. tired of hearing about saltwater boats being devalued because of its association to salt, not a true statement if they get flushed and maintained properly. Its the folks that don't know what they are doing are the problem.

here's another thing, tired of people trashing saltwater boats. If they are properly maintained they are perfectly acceptable as is. tired of hearing about saltwater boats being devalued because of its association to salt, not a true statement if they get flushed and maintained properly. Its the folks that don't know what they are doing are the problem.
You answered your own statement! IF......Hahahaha. The majority of people who own "saltwater style" boats like CC's, walk around cuddy's, and sport fisherman's know exactly how to take care of a boat used in saltwater. Its the avg pleasure boater / first time buyer who has no cliue on how to care for a boat. They buy and drive. Would I buy a used saltwater boat? As long as it was taken care of, for sure.
There are many tell tale signs of a boat neglected in saltwater that it takes 10 seconds to just walk away from a boat for sale. Its not rocket science.

We have guys here in freshwater who have no idea on how to care for boats too. You'd be surprised too see the amount of growth and algae on the bottoms of peoples boat who then complain about the loss of speed and performance :cool: What do you mean I have to scrub the bottom!

@nickyb21 I have just over 400hrs on my 2017 AR190. I consider myself a "moderate" user in terms of engine hours per year. 226 is what I would consider "light" usage. Previous owner took it out some, but certainly not every weekend. Even then, likely spent more time floating than it did moving.

Ask about the carpet. That floor isn't super comfy to walk on, and those snaps HURT bare feet. Ask to look at the bottom of the hull and check the impeller and nozzle for damage. Likely none with that usage, but worth a check. Not sure if 195's use different fabric for the bimini, but that one is much nicer fabric than mine. Either means I don't know my boats as well as I thought, or they've replaced the bimini fabric. Worth an ask. At 7yrs old, mine needs to be replaced and looks WAY WAY worse than that one. The "stretching" on the rear center seat is normal. That's where everyone steps. Check the stitching on the seat backs on the rear most seat, at the top where they meet the fiberglass. People like to sit there on mine, and the tacks/staples have poked through in a few spots. I see some snaps screwed into the hull for covers. I personally dislike that style of cover, but people that leave their boat in the water often seem to like them. Ask to see those covers, and to make sure they fit and aren't ready for replacement.

Even if it had been in saltwater, it's all about how the owner took care of it. I put mine in salt water once a year for the last 4yrs. You can't really tell aside from some slight anode wear. I rinse mine methodically once it's out of the salt water and flush with salt-a-way after each use. As best I can tell there isn't any lasting damage from that.

Overall, that looks like a solid boat for $22k. That's probably what I would ask for my '17 AR190, and you're getting a 195 for that price. Nothing from those 3 pictures, or your description sounds suspect. I think you'll find a LOT of value in this boat.

Good Luck!

2017 ar 195
Very tempted but the hours seem a bit high, service was just done at boat dealer near him and checked out clean. Hes eager to sell it, bought another boat.
All other maintenance was done by someone at his camp.

Thoughts, what should i look for if i go check it out? Around me (boston area) most 195s are 30k+

The other thing is, im not a huge fan of navy blue.
LOL "hours seem a bit high."

My 2020 has 250+ on it, runs like a champ. It's all in how you maintain it.

From those pictures she looks good for the hours as long as it was mechanically maintained properly. I would look at the engines and jet drives(how well were maintained). Look for corrosion on jets and engine.........you can tell the difference between and good cleaned up boat for sale vers a boat well cleaned and maintained properly for the life. She will have a lot of corrosion on engines bolts, brackets motor mounts jet out drives ect...........if she was left in the weather not protected so to speak.
A nice long ride will give you a better feel on how smooth she is....... but a quick plug pull and a read of the plugs is all a good mechanic needs to know and as long as the plugs are out he can do a quick compression check..............that check should give you all the info needed if you feel uneasy of how it was maintained.

As for the saltwater being a problem its not.......its all how its maintained.

Good luck

Post some pics of the bilge area, jet and motor. Does not look like a bad boat above the water line. Test drive and inspect before buying.

I slept on it and he sold it. Kicking myself, on to the next one.

Appreciate the insight!

2017 ar 195

Folks can ask whatever they want until they realize dealers are selling brand new AR195's for $37K right now before the 2025's are announced in a few weeks. $22K sounds like a decent deal.

Simple math is telling me if you bought this boat starting in the 2017 boating season, you would have 300hrs on that boat now, not counting the 2024 season. Those hours are low to average at best.

Back