• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

New to boating, looking for advice.

Well, if you are flexible I suggest you consider a 2008-2010 212X. We surf with ours with stock ballast. You don't need speed control for surfing because it will settle right in as long as you have some water depth. Wakeboarding is not as easy to control but is manageable. It has the HO MR-1 motors. I just don't think you will find one for your budget.
I actually found a 2008 212X this morning. Top of my budget but looks doable. Been reading up on them and it has everything we are looking for.

Check with Hydrophase instead of Perfectpass
Unfortunately, they don't have anything for the older vintages, prior to the fly-by-wire throttles. I could be wrong, but the 08's might be new enough...not sure, though

**edit** unless they have something I am unaware of.

Unfortunately, they don't have anything for the older vintages, prior to the fly-by-wire throttles. I could be wrong, but the 08's might be new enough...not sure, though
Yeah 08 212x might not... Here is a screenshot of their compatibility

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230313-100618.png
    Screenshot_20230313-100618.png
    364.5 KB · Views: 6
Sucks... You'd think someone would come up with a system that fills that void. There are still a crapload of those boats out there.

My opinion is they are not needed for surfing the 2008 212X. It holds surf speeds quite well.

My opinion is they are not needed for surfing the 2008 212X. It holds surf speeds quite well.
It's a total game changer. Holds any speed within 1/10 of a mph. Literally anyone can give you a perfect pull at any speed

Back