• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Thoughts? Wakeboard / Surfboard Rack replacement - opinions , experiences?

Farny

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
195s waketower and we carry surf and wakeboards. Just picked up a new board that won’t fit in the old “starter” wakeboard racks we have. Looking at getting the Monster quick release surf/wake combo rack. Would like to stay reasonable price. Anyone have advice on Monster or another brand? Also is the swivel worth it?

I garage the boat so contantly lowering / raising the tower and taking off/putting on my current racks. ( pain in the ar$$)

Last edited:
195s waketower and we carry surf and wakeboards. Just picked up a new board that won’t fit in the old “starter” wakeboard racks we have. Looking at getting the Monster quick release surf/wake combo rack. Would like to stay reasonable price. Anyone have advice on Monster or another brand? Also is the swivel worth it?

I garage the boat so contantly lowering / raising the tower and taking off/putting on my current racks. ( pain in the ar$$)
The Monsters have a quick release, so removing to put in the garage will not require tools. In regards to the swivel, obviously handy however if you have to remove this to clear your garage this would be a pain. Keep in mind the swivel is cheaper if you buy it together than purchasing later. I currently have two and highly recommend, I also once had the Yamaha one on my AR195.

I had two monster racks on my AR210. I liked them and I'd buy them again but there are two things I think you should know.

First is that right from the beginning they'll spin around the tower. If you're in any kind of chop and have them loaded with boards you'll start to see them spinning towards the stern of the boat until the boards are perpendicular instead of parallel to your gunwales. I solved this issue by drilling a small hole through the inner mounting bracket and into the tower itself while it was all mounted in the correct position. Then I ran a M6 x 1.0 tap and installed a bolt that went through the bracket and into the tower. Spinning problem was solved. The bolt sticking through the tower tubing held everything right where I wanted it.

The 2nd issue is that over years of use, the quick release begins to wear. Towards the end of my time with them I had to be very careful when pulling boards out of the rack. One time, when removing the only board that was in one of the racks, the whole rack came off. Board was in my hand but the rack dropped into the water and was headed for the bottom. I tossed the board as I dove in after it and was luckily able to catch the rack before it got too deep. Probably a 1 - 100 shot and doubt I'd be able to pull that feat off again!

Many surf boards are best not kept in racks like these anyways. I'll be figuring out a way of keeping my nice surf style boards up on top of the bimini when not in use as the racks can damage them.

I had two monster racks on my AR210. I liked them and I'd buy them again but there are two things I think you should know.

First is that right from the beginning they'll spin around the tower. If you're in any kind of chop and have them loaded with boards you'll start to see them spinning towards the stern of the boat until the boards are perpendicular instead of parallel to your gunwales. I solved this issue by drilling a small hole through the inner mounting bracket and into the tower itself while it was all mounted in the correct position. Then I ran a M6 x 1.0 tap and installed a bolt that went through the bracket and into the tower. Spinning problem was solved. The bolt sticking through the tower tubing held everything right where I wanted it.

The 2nd issue is that over years of use, the quick release begins to wear. Towards the end of my time with them I had to be very careful when pulling boards out of the rack. One time, when removing the only board that was in one of the racks, the whole rack came off. Board was in my hand but the rack dropped into the water and was headed for the bottom. I tossed the board as I dove in after it and was luckily able to catch the rack before it got too deep. Probably a 1 - 100 shot and doubt I'd be able to pull that feat off again!

Many surf boards are best not kept in racks like these anyways. I'll be figuring out a way of keeping my nice surf style boards up on top of the bimini when not in use as the racks can damage them.
If you come up with a good solution for storing the boards on top of the Bimini let me know.

If you come up with a good solution for storing the boards on top of the Bimini let me know.

Most likely going to wind up at a canvas shop and have them put some mesh fabric in to hold the nose of the boards and add a strap with buckle at the rear to hold down around the fins. Picking it up 5/6 so will start planning it out more thoroughly then.

Most likely going to wind up at a canvas shop and have them put some mesh fabric in to hold the nose of the boards and add a strap with buckle at the rear to hold down around the fins. Picking it up 5/6 so will start planning it out more thoroughly then.
Sounds awesome, post some pictures and information when finished. I would be interested in doing something like this as well.

Impressive dive / catch! Thanks for the feedback. Would be interested in a Bimini sleeve as well.

I looked at the reborn wrack but don’t like the verticle mount on that one.

Look into the HyperRyd racks? Not really made for wakeboards than surfboards but you could always put the wakeboards in the ski locker since they’re not as delicate. I think I’m going to use these instead of buying racks for my Moomba. I have surf pockets now but I don’t use them as much since the boards get hot being so exposed to the sun and I’ve got pressure dents from them. If you have the headroom these racks are a nice alternative to other racks and can keep your boards under the bimini out of the sun.

I put the Reborn racks on my 195s with swivels. They don’t swivel flat like the Yamaha ones, so they angle in with the angle of the tower. I can rotate them in and then drop the tower and it clears my interior. I got the double wakeboard rack and the ski rack. They have others as well.

Look into the HyperRyd racks? Not really made for wakeboards than surfboards but you could always put the wakeboards in the ski locker since they’re not as delicate. I think I’m going to use these instead of buying racks for my Moomba. I have surf pockets now but I don’t use them as much since the boards get hot being so exposed to the sun and I’ve got pressure dents from them. If you have the headroom these racks are a nice alternative to other racks and can keep your boards under the bimini out of the sun.

man I REALLY like these! Anyone put them on a Yamaha? Wonder if they’ll fit? I’ll give them a call tomorrow. Only downside I see is $500+ seems a bit pricey,

Last edited:
I put the Reborn racks on my 195s with swivels. They don’t swivel flat like the Yamaha ones, so they angle in with the angle of the tower. I can rotate them in and then drop the tower and it clears my interior. I got the double wakeboard rack and the ski rack. They have others as well.
When swiveled in, Do they add to the overall height when the tower is down? As of right now I have only 1/4” clearance slipping into the garage with tower down ?

When swiveled in, Do they add to the overall height when the tower is down? As of right now I have only 1/4” clearance slipping into the garage with tower down ?
The garage struggle is real, had a AR195 with a 7’ door and now a 212 with a 8’ door.

man I REALLY like these! Anyone put them on a Yamaha? Wonder if they’ll fit? I’ll give them a call tomorrow. Only downside I see is $500+ seems a bit pricey,
Let me know what you find out, specs as well.

First I've seen of these. I'm also very curious to know if anyone has used them under the large bimini of the E series boats. My first thought was that they might be in the way of the tow rope. Most wake boats the bimini stops at or very close to the back of the tower and the rope goes above it. Quite different from how mother Yamaha designed our boats with the rope coming in underneath.

Check out this video of the HyprRyd racks on a Malibu tower. Never mind the tower differences but the bimini overhangs very similar to Yamaha bimini, especially the larger Yamaha boats. You can of course mount these on the side of the tower as well but IMO the point of getting something like this is keeping the boards out of the sun when not in use. That being said I’ve seen people use these sideways on the tower and they like them and don’t have blind spots but that all depends on tower place and boat MFG.

The price isn’t bad IMO when you check out the reviews for the build quality and what they offer. High end surf boards aren’t cheap and easily cost the same as one rack and much more with custom boards, so I suppose it all depends on what you value. I like these a lot more than Tritan board racks I was looking at and they’re much cheaper.

The garage struggle is real, had a AR195 with a 7’ door and now a 212 with a 8’ door.
212 get in an 8’ garage?

Check out this video of the HyprRyd racks on a Malibu tower. Never mind the tower differences but the bimini overhangs very similar to Yamaha bimini, especially the larger Yamaha boats. You can of course mount these on the side of the tower as well but IMO the point of getting something like this is keeping the boards out of the sun when not in use. That being said I’ve seen people use these sideways on the tower and they like them and don’t have blind spots but that all depends on tower place and boat MFG.

The price isn’t bad IMO when you check out the reviews for the build quality and what they offer. High end surf boards aren’t cheap and easily cost the same as one rack and much more with custom boards, so I suppose it all depends on what you value. I like these a lot more than Tritan board racks I was looking at and they’re much cheaper.

Maybe we can make up that annoying Bimini short of the windshield gap with the board tails ???

Yes but on the wake boats the rope goes on top of the bimini vs under it like on the E series yamahas. That's where I'm thinking you could run into a problem as the rope would hit the boards. Definitely a cool idea. I'll be checking to see if I can make them work once I pick up my new boat in 2 weeks. I agree that having the boards up top out of the sun would be best and I don't think I'd want these on the side of my tower.

Yes but on the wake boats the rope goes on top of the bimini vs under it like on the E series yamahas. That's where I'm thinking you could run into a problem as the rope would hit the boards. Definitely a cool idea. I'll be checking to see if I can make them work once I pick up my new boat in 2 weeks. I agree that having the boards up top out of the sun would be best and I don't think I'd want these on the side of my tower.
They may work for most Yamaha boat- as the tower tow point is above the Bimini. the only concerns for me are the fins poking the Bimini. and maybe head clearance…..And how the fit is with tower down (a must for my garage)

They may work for most Yamaha boat- as the tower tow point is above the Bimini. the only concerns for me are the fins poking the Bimini. and maybe head clearance…..And how the fit is with tower down (a must for my garage)

Sorry, probably didn't phrase it well enough. I'm thinking specifically of the E series boats that have the large bimini. Those have the tow point underneath the canvas on all of the new 25 ft boats. I think some of the earlier 24' boats might've had it on top but I'm jumping from an 08 AR210 that I've had for 11 years up to a 22 255XE and didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the ones in between. I hadn't thought about the fins sticking up and hitting the bimini, that'd certainly be a problem if it happens. Another thing to look at and plan for I suppose so I appreciate the insight.

Back