• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Thoughts? Wakeboard / Surfboard Rack replacement - opinions , experiences?

Sorry, probably didn't phrase it well enough. I'm thinking specifically of the E series boats that have the large bimini. Those have the tow point underneath the canvas on all of the new 25 ft boats. I think some of the earlier 24' boats might've had it on top but I'm jumping from an 08 AR210 that I've had for 11 years up to a 22 255XE and didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the ones in between. I hadn't thought about the fins sticking up and hitting the bimini, that'd certainly be a problem if it happens. Another thing to look at and plan for I suppose so I appreciate the insight.
All good - I hope I can find a way for it to work on my boat. I love the concept! Also nice to have lass of a “sail” up during windy times.

near as i can tell the early yamaha boats were made out of 1 1/2" sched 40 aluminum pipe with an nominal OD of 1.900" YMMV... I've had great luck with Fishmaster clamps and Krypt clamps...

When swiveled in, Do they add to the overall height when the tower is down? As of right now I have only 1/4” clearance slipping into the garage with tower down ?
I don’t believe so, I mounted mine to the front bar on the tower instead of the back one so when they swivel in they fit within the depth of the tower. Boats covered so I unfortunately cannot snap a photo.

I think there are a few wakeboat biminis that also have the zipper for the rope to go through just like some Yamaha’s. I know I’ve seen it on social media places but can’t tell you what make or models. From what I‘ve read the owner is very nice to deal with. He started his business from his MB Sports wakeboat and making upgrades for them. He may offer a full refund if it causes an interference or may even let you test fit for a small fee or free. Worth a call to him IMO.

Also there are side tow points you can add that I’ve seen recently start popping up in the aftermarket so if the top tow point we’re an issue perhaps you can add a side tow point and use these style of racks. Just some thoughts.

Last edited:
I think there are a few wakeboat bikinis that also have the zipper for the rope to go through just like some Yamaha’s. I know I’ve seen it on social media places but can’t tell you what make or models.
Even better - bikinis ? with a zipper for the rope to go through.. sorry couldn’t resist ?

Haha my autocorrect has its priorities set :winkingthumbsup"

I'm going for the Reborn extended swivel mounts and the Origin racks (same company, actually), but I haven't received them yet. They are about half the price as any other competitor. I'll post when I get them installed. Origin has a 2 wakeboard 1 surfboard rack (3 items on one rack). I figured I'd give that one a try.

I'm going for the Reborn extended swivel mounts and the Origin racks (same company, actually), but I haven't received them yet. They are about half the price as any other competitor. I'll post when I get them installed. Origin has a 2 wakeboard 1 surfboard rack (3 items on one rack). I figured I'd give that one a try.
Do you garage your 195s? Will you be putting up and lowering your tower often?

Do you garage your 195s? Will you be putting up and lowering your tower often?
Yes, I do garage my boat. It just squeaks n on the sides, but has a few inches on the top with the tower folded down. I’ll have to see if the extended arms for the rack mount will be in the way. I honestly didn’t think about them extending up with the tower down (bone-headed to not consider), but if that becomes a problem, I’ll try thin on the front bar punting towards the bow. But I’ll have to see if that will be a problem when coming down as they might interfere with something inside the cabin.
C2D2B69A-A51B-4445-866B-DBC41EFE170D.jpeg737A81F3-C250-4ED1-98BC-51CB30AD3E35.jpeg

Yes, I do garage my boat. It just squeaks n on the sides, but has a few inches on the top with the tower folded down. I’ll have to see if the extended arms for the rack mount will be in the way. I honestly didn’t think about them extending up with the tower down (bone-headed to not consider), but if that becomes a problem, I’ll try thin on the front bar punting towards the bow. But I’ll have to see if that will be a problem when coming down as they might interfere with something inside the cabin.
View attachment 176119View attachment 176120
And I thought I had a tight fit in the garage!!! I just got a monster quick release. Should still work. Not sure if the swivels will work and still fit under the top doorway.

Attachments

• CBACE461-D2E5-4C62-95EE-B6A1460FB0D4.jpeg
    CBACE461-D2E5-4C62-95EE-B6A1460FB0D4.jpeg
    534.1 KB · Views: 32
  • AEACAA96-3CAD-47E1-8FB9-4D33DA969BE7.jpeg
    AEACAA96-3CAD-47E1-8FB9-4D33DA969BE7.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 32
  • 12C9F704-4780-4FFD-BDCB-3CEC73921355.jpeg
    12C9F704-4780-4FFD-BDCB-3CEC73921355.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I had two monster racks on my AR210. I liked them and I'd buy them again but there are two things I think you should know.

First is that right from the beginning they'll spin around the tower. If you're in any kind of chop and have them loaded with boards you'll start to see them spinning towards the stern of the boat until the boards are perpendicular instead of parallel to your gunwales. I solved this issue by drilling a small hole through the inner mounting bracket and into the tower itself while it was all mounted in the correct position. Then I ran a M6 x 1.0 tap and installed a bolt that went through the bracket and into the tower. Spinning problem was solved. The bolt sticking through the tower tubing held everything right where I wanted it.

The 2nd issue is that over years of use, the quick release begins to wear. Towards the end of my time with them I had to be very careful when pulling boards out of the rack. One time, when removing the only board that was in one of the racks, the whole rack came off. Board was in my hand but the rack dropped into the water and was headed for the bottom. I tossed the board as I dove in after it and was luckily able to catch the rack before it got too deep. Probably a 1 - 100 shot and doubt I'd be able to pull that feat off again!

Many surf boards are best not kept in racks like these anyways. I'll be figuring out a way of keeping my nice surf style boards up on top of the bimini when not in use as the racks can damage them.
Ok - so I picked up the combo rack from monster - did yours have such a large opening/ gap for the surfboard? This surf/wake combo rack has 3” opening for surf & 1 1/4” for wakeboards. My surfboard is just under 2” in thickness.. worried that the rack would damage the board.

Attachments

• 2C206824-B2C1-4700-A6C7-262130C95AEF.jpeg
    2C206824-B2C1-4700-A6C7-262130C95AEF.jpeg
    969.3 KB · Views: 28
  • F7518A89-F042-49A2-95DB-DBCE3BE33E51.jpeg
    F7518A89-F042-49A2-95DB-DBCE3BE33E51.jpeg
    959 KB · Views: 28
  • 1649B69A-C4AF-40A8-B118-C31A45F6D589.jpeg
    1649B69A-C4AF-40A8-B118-C31A45F6D589.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • AFE1A0D6-4C10-4081-A5B1-A073569597EF.jpeg
    AFE1A0D6-4C10-4081-A5B1-A073569597EF.jpeg
    522.5 KB · Views: 28
Ok - so I picked up the combo rack from monster - did yours have such a large opening/ gap for the surfboard? This surf/wake combo rack has 3” opening for surf & 1 1/4” for wakeboards. My surfboard is just under 2” in thickness.. worried that the rack would damage the board.
You should have no issues with the extra space, the rubber on the inside works well.

You should have no issues with the extra space, the rubber on the inside works well.
So the board doesn’t bounce around in there when cruising through chop?

Attachments

• BDC59A6A-7795-490A-98E5-C6659D571401.jpeg
    BDC59A6A-7795-490A-98E5-C6659D571401.jpeg
    535.8 KB · Views: 24
So the board doesn’t bounce around in there when cruising through chop?
No issues, I thought the same thing. I do use the tighter loop for the cord. Make sure when putting the bolts on find a socket Allen wrench so you can get the bolts secure. I thought I had them tight until I put a socket on them.

Any pics yet?

Any pics yet?
Not Yet. I might get some later today or tomorrow. But I will have some by the end of the weekend. Weather is not too great out here, so I'll have time in the garage to put it all together.

Here’s some pictures of my Origin 2 Wakeboard / 1 Surfboard rack with my Reborn arm extension and pro rack rotating arm. These guys are huge! Solid polished aluminum - they feel very sturdy. I’m not sure how well the extension arm will stay in place with the weight of everything on it even though it has 3 bolts holding it in place. The mating surfaces are smooth so it’s possible that it could slip. I guess that it gives it infinite adjustability, but I would feel more confident if there were ridges in the mating surfaces to give a better hold at the sacrifice of slightly less adjustments.
I’ll mount these tomorrow and send some photos here as well.
CF7007C9-6BFC-4924-9C2A-AB13E0C9B837.jpegEFBDF883-DAAD-4039-AF41-0F36438934D0.jpegD4057ADC-DF53-4CB2-BB98-DBB719E0A201.jpegC40E67D0-65F4-434D-91A4-6E3CDA2C4562.jpeg

Here’s some pictures of my Origin 2 Wakeboard / 1 Surfboard rack with my Reborn arm extension and pro rack rotating arm. These guys are huge! Solid polished aluminum - they feel very sturdy. I’m not sure how well the extension arm will stay in place with the weight of everything on it even though it has 3 bolts holding it in place. The mating surfaces are smooth so it’s possible that it could slip. I guess that it gives it infinite adjustability, but I would feel more confident if there were ridges in the mating surfaces to give a better hold at the sacrifice of slightly less adjustments.
View attachment 176735View attachment 176736View attachment 176737View attachment 176738
I feel like I have heard complaints about the rubber on these racks not being adequate and causing board damage. Let us know how they hold up. It is possible it was a different rack that was the problem as well.

View attachment 176735View attachment 176736View attachment 176737View attachment 176738
Thanks for posting! Look forward to seeing the mounted pic and how tower down garage fit is.

Back