• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

throttle adjustment

louckswj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a sx190 and have issues with throttle not staying in position at low rpm. Is there a tension adjustment to help keep in position.

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Throttle drop is an issue with our boats.
Some folks put up with it, others attempt to fix it.
There are several threads about a fix.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I've got the same issue - throttle "pops" back to near neutral at slow speeds. I'll check out the advice above. Is there any reason that the process would be different for us single engine guys?

CrankyGypsy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
"throttle drop" and being loose are two different things.

- if you're throttle(s) drop a couple hundred RPM's without you touching them, that is throttle drop. check the link above for that fix.

- if your throttle lever is really loose, you may ALSO need to increase tension on the throttle mechanism. on a 2005 AR230HO (for example), you have to remove the black cover on the throttle assembly and tighten the screws ("C" in the following diagram) a little bit:
LAYOUT.jpg

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
@CrankyGypsy I have the second issue where the lever pops back. I do notice some change in RPM but the Cruise Assist manages that.

I'll try to adjust the tension per your diagram. Thanks!

Christian Rodriguez

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
This happens to me as well, only when I have no wake mode on the third click at about 21-2200 rpms, if it's at 2k on the second click it won't happen. If I set the throttle around there without the switch it also doesn't happen.

Smarshek

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2003 - AR 210 and the throttles have to be held in place full time. If you let go they drop to idle. Is there a way to correct this? I kind of like to use two hands to steer sometimes and it’s impossible with these throttles reducing to idle all the time. Thanks