• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

throttle by wire ....

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
do you se and sd guys like it that much better ? .. im hearing you feel more connected to the boat with cables .. but the wire is silky smooth .. also what possible things could go wrong with throttle by wire ? any servicing that needs be done with those units ? also steering hydrolic steering fluid maintenece?

Personally, I think throttle by wire should be standard but Yamaha chooses to market it as an upgraded feature. Cables rust, break and need adjustments and I have read some cables are hard to get.

Personally, I think throttle by wire should be standard but Yamaha chooses to market it as an upgraded feature. Cables rust, break and need adjustments and I have read some cables are hard to get.

True .. but what would be the mainenence on throttle by wire? .. arent they a servo mechanism ? I would be sure big money if those little plastic gears strip out eventually ? i could be wrong though ... thoughts ...?

I have SE and I like throttle by wire.
Lets me sync throttles and use one to control both engines. Has 3 speed settings for no wake. Also can be used to slightly adjust the speed up or down by buttons. And it is pretty smooth.
I was initially set on AR250 but all extra stuff on SE including throttle by wire made me spend more.

ok let say your out of a no wake zone idling and decide to immediately floor it ! im talking hammer the B@#$% .. compare the response to cables ? . is there any delay ? my 240 will throw passengers practically over the stern if i did that ... . and i like that responsivness

Honestly, didn’t try jamming it like crazy. Usually, increase speed gradually since after no wake we still have decent traffic and people pulling tubes. Same living the beach we have decent no wake zone there too.
Otherwise, I think it is pretty responsive. I didn’t notice any delays.

ok let say your out of a no wake zone idling and decide to immediately floor it ! im talking hammer the B@#$% .. compare the response to cables ? . is there any delay ? my 240 will throw passengers practically over the stern if i did that ... . and i like that responsivness

I don't think the response time with good cables in place would be noticeable. Syncing the engine's and not having cables is the benefits.

There is zero delay when hitting wide open throttle. The benefit I have noticed was hitting reverse as the cables age they get tighter and in reverse it can go wide open throttle by mistake. This creates two issues hitting reverse by the dock will blow all the junk off the bottom even at three feet that junk immediately sucks up into the impeller, same with small pebbles by the shore some will even hang up in the gate jamming the gate not allowing any shifting. The other issue is anyone standing could be thrown off balance by the sudden lurch in reverse, while its not as responsive as going forward its still could throw a standing person off balance. Throttle by wire has a rev limit on reverse RPM . The biggest benefit is for water sports and dialing in an exact speed wake boarding and wake surfing require very specific MPH setting down to 1/10th example wake boarding 18.5 mph wake surfing 10.8 mph and with the touch of a button you can increase in .1 increments.

Back