• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Throttle sync

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Installed the JBP throttle sync, now its time for the review.
like it.
Easy install (note: port throttle is a slight PITA due to the fact that the tensioning screw faces the hull and there is limited room for a screw driver and my right angle driver was sitting on my bench at the house)
Note to JBP: replace the slotted screws with star bit or Phillips head, would be much better.
The throttle sync is expensive for what it is (a couple plastic parts) but it is definitely worth it for the ability to marry the throttles while cruising.
I adjusted the throttle cables as suggested (JBP has instructional videos which are easy to follow, important since I'm mechanically challenged, good job guys) and that helped with the differences in RPM's.
Throttle sync is not a fix for the throttle drop issue but it makes it much less of an issue. Before I installed the throttle sync I found the twin throttles could be distracting while under way. I would mess with the throttles trying to sync the motors when I should have been focused on piloting the boat.
No more!!
Thanks Jet Boat Pilot!

Great to hear these work well as I'm thinking about purchasing this! Thank you

I've had Throttle Sync for a while now and I agree. This should be a standard feature on these boats.

I'm just starting my 3rd season with mine. It did greatly reduce the throttle drop issue on mine. Looks OEM also.

Does anyone here knows how to adjust the Throttle in a Yamaha 2004 SR230? i have an issue with one of the engine's when I get it up to 7.5k RPMs one of the throttle handles doesn't stay evenly and it'll drops down making one of the engines run lower then the other engine and in order to keep them running both under or even i have to keep holding both of the handles with my hand, this is kinda unknowing if anyone knows of any adjustment or if i have to replace the cables let me know please .

Thank you.

Does anyone here knows how to adjust the Throttle in a Yamaha 2004 SR230? i have an issue with one of the engine's when I get it up to 7.5k RPMs one of the throttle handles doesn't stay evenly and it'll drops down making one of the engines run lower then the other engine and in order to keep them running both under or even i have to keep holding both of the handles with my hand, this is kinda unknowing if anyone knows of any adjustment or if i have to replace the cables let me know please .

Thank you.
Welcome to the forum. Found this in the FAQ section. https://jetboaters.net/threads/throttle-dropping-check-here.299/#post-2412

@Rigoberto Moreno you may want to try tightening the friction screws first. Generally they do not help much but it's easy enough to try. There is a rubber plug on the back lower part of the throttle quadrant. Remove this piece. There are two small adjustment screws. They should turn pretty easily. Tighten the screw that corresponds to the throttle handle that drops back. If that doesn't work I would follow @zipper's advice.

Thank you so Much, I will tried that for sure and give a test drive to see if that helps, I will keep you guys posted with my new Updates.

Thank you again.

Back