• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thru Hull AC Plug

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice Look ! Now you have me interested in your fender holder :thumbsup: $$$$

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice Look ! Now you have me interested in your fender holder :thumbsup: $$$$
They're TACO quick release fender locks. Little spendy for what they are, but I couldn't be happier with them - really nice pieces.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was thinking you were going to rotate the outlet, so that the right angle would allow you to let your cord hang straight down and take some strain off the cord as mentioned.

I am unsure what you are gaining by adding the right angle the way you have it installed? Other than putting a twist on your outlet. Fill us in.

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was thinking you were going to rotate the outlet, so that the right angle would allow you to let your cord hang straight down and take some strain off the cord as mentioned.

I am unsure what you are gaining by adding the right angle the way you have it installed? Other than putting a twist on your outlet. Fill us in.
I may still rotate the outlet at some point, but the problem I was having in the original configuration was that the cord stuck out about 2-3", and once the cover was on the cable was being pressed down into a hard 90* turn. The cable insulation after only a few months was turning white from stress, and it was a stress point on the cover when ratcheted down (you could see the shipping cover start to crack where it came out).

greg10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I have a 2022 AR250, has anyone installed this plug? I'm trying to pick a location

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not opposed to putting holes in the boat, but I just have the plug from onboard charger dangle down and keep it tucked in under cover. I never got around to thinking about an install and just left it as is.

greg10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I will probably do that until I'm sure of the spot I want to drill

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I installed my charging port in the bottom of cup holder on the port side of the swim deck. No issues and it’s been there for almost 10 years. If you don’t want to drill or cut consider leading the power cable from the charger to the area in front of the swim deck seats.