• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Thrust Vector (JBP) and Cobra (Jeff) brands @ Inlets Miami

omarpina

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Who have been @ Miami inlets where all that viral videos are recorded of people struggling with wave and currents? I would like to know if anyone have experienced any of this inlets with the TV or Cobra steering systems. This is a good question out of the same ones Im always reading.

Im talking about this kind of rough waters. Do the vectors really work? Boat Zone

Both products are for low speed steering when throttle is low.

Yamaha boats have plenty of steering ability when throttled up. In rough water you need to have enough throttle to overcome the force of the waves or wake.

Both products are for low speed steering when throttle is low.

Yamaha boats have plenty of steering ability when throttled up. In rough water you need to have enough throttle to overcome the force of the waves or wake.
Thank you. At my understanding cobra helps with high speed, currents and rough waves. @Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Thank you. At my understanding cobra helps with high speed, currents and rough waves. @Cobra Jet Steering LLC

No fin is ever going to provide more directional control than the jets do when the boat is under power.

I have had both brands. There is a lot of spirited debate as to which is better. Mostly just a matter of personal preference. Much of which is akin to team sports.

Personally, I prefer plastic. Occasionally, my fins come in contact with the bottom while anchored. I would prefer that the plastic bent or broke instead of damaging the pump hardware. Additionally the plastic is less likely to cut anyone who happens to kick it.

After starting this 23 years ago and specializing in making jet boats steer and drivers smile. You should know by now I make special steering that has no issues with contacting the ground and on the AK versions my fins are above the bottom of the rudder also you should know by now that the boats loose steering if you decelerate in a turn and loose speed in turns.
My systems seldom hit the ground and on my face book pages I have many pictures of the boats being beat by storms and my super fins fare just fine and with my systems you can set the level of influence to your preference plus you get variable influence based on the position of the hull in the water and no reduction of the reverse or stopping power created by Yamaha when they built their nozzles also they do not have sharp water skies on the bottom nor need for any kickstands when beached or on the trailer.
Plus the added benefits of the plaining surfaces and the second tie rod for even more important features and benefits. I make model specific steering systems for the various models ,
https://fb.watch/dMr4yZ8EDA/
Now watch some of these videos carefully and then re read the comment about below!
" No fin is ever going to provide more directional control than the jets do when the boat is under power. " REALLY???
So get the most for your money and the most fun on the water at all speeds and even deal with wind waves and strong currents with confidence.

Last edited:
I have three boats. Two have Cobras one has Thrust Vectors. The cobras handle better and are more durable. Vectors bend easily and peel… very cheap.

The keel sits lower than the Cobras so if they are hitting ground…. Your keel is already digging into the ground . (Also don’t anchor in ankle deep water)

I have pictures on my facebook pages showing a Yamaha that has my steering ripped from it's dock in a hurricane then slammed into a stone sea wall and left in the sand when the tide went out the steering was just fine. plus one that was picked up by a tornado on it's trailer and thrown in someone's yard with the trailer ripped from it and left upside down with my steering in perfect condition. As you said the rudder will take the hit not my steering I have a customer in the keys that struck a oyster bed and destroyed his keel and rudder so he just smoothed it out and left the super ultimate ak-19 deluxe system on it by itself and a customer that ripped his rudder of his twin engine boat so he left it off and put on a twin set of super ultimate steering.
1717376399780.jpeg1717376475715.jpeg1717376642494.jpeg1717376696800.jpeg1717376721431.jpeg1717376791603.jpeg

Last edited:
No fin is ever going to provide more directional control than the jets do when the boat is under power.

I have had both brands. There is a lot of spirited debate as to which is better. Mostly just a matter of personal preference. Much of which is akin to team sports.

Personally, I prefer plastic. Occasionally, my fins come in contact with the bottom while anchored. I would prefer that the plastic bent or broke instead of damaging the pump hardware. Additionally the plastic is less likely to cut anyone who happens to kick it.
Thanks bruce for your opinion. I think both products highest value its in low speeds, so the high speed its something I ll need to confirm myself with both products. I think owner of cobra shared his point in this thread so I have the answers I needed for now. The rest its my responsibility to confirm the inlets in the future ??.

I have pictures on my facebook pages showing a Yamaha that has my steering ripped from it's dock in a hurricane then slammed into a stone sea wall and left in the sand when the tide went out the steering was just fine. plus one that was picked up by a tornado on it's trailer and thrown in someone's yard with the trailer ripped from it and left upside down with my steering in perfect condition. As you said the rudder will take the hit not my steering I have a customer in the keys that struck a oyster bed and destroyed his keel and rudder so he just smoothed it out and left the super ultimate ak-19 deluxe system on it by itself and a customer that ripped his rudder of his twin engine boat so he left it off and put on a twin set of super ultimate steering.
I like how the owner of Cobra share facts and experiences to object anyone. I like this guy. Greetings from Ocala… but Puerto Rican blood ?

I have Cobras on my 255 FSH, and I had them on my AR210, which I sold when I bought my FSH.

I added the Cobras to the FSH before I ever ran it in the water.

On the other hand, the AR210 started off stock before I added the Cobras some months later.

In my experience, the Cobras absolutely helped the AR210 stay on course when riding the backside of the wave, bow pointing high above the crest of the wave, while coming back into an inlet... which is the proper way to minimize the risk of submarining.

BTW, here in the Redneck Riviera we call them passes... Pensacola Pass, East Pass, Perdido Pass...

Last edited:
I have Cobras on my 255 FSH, and I had them on my AR210, which I sold when I bought my FSH.

I added the Cobras to the FSH before I ever ran it in the water.

On the other hand, the AR210 started off stock before I added the Cobras some months later.

In my experience, the Cobras absolutely helped the AR210 stay on course when riding the backside of the wave, bow pointing high above the crest of the wave, while coming back into an inlet... which is the proper way to minimize the risk of submarining.

BTW, here in the Redneck Riviera we call them passes... Pensacola Pass, East Pass, Perdido Pass...
Thank you for sharing, I keep learning from everyone.

Back