• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust vector <lateral thrust or just a thrust vector?>

Yes I see that the nozzles are above water ,I have never looked at that angle ,I'm in the boat ,but the water is still being directed left or right through the nozzles and the vector fins ,I am glad I bought mine and will do it again on next boat if it is jet. Bought mostly for going slowly for better handling but you do notice a change in high speed also. This of course is just my opinion , I had them installed after first half of the year after I bought the boat and have been happy with the result.

Yes I see that the nozzles are above water ,I have never looked at that angle ,I'm in the boat ,but the water is still being directed left or right through the nozzles and the vector fins ,I am glad I bought mine and will do it again on next boat if it is jet. Bought mostly for going slowly for better handling but you do notice a change in high speed also. This of course is just my opinion , I had them installed after first half of the year after I bought the boat and have been happy with the result.
Ok so you believe that 18 inch long plastic fins are helping your boat steer on plane up above the water because one is on either side of the jet stream exiting the nozzles now that you realize they are not in the water and that is a good thing because if 18 inch fins were in the water at speed you would probably need 2 hands and 2 feet to turn the steering wheel. So here is what happens the 18 inch long plastic fins would oscillate pretty badly and the jet stream would create a ton of water spray but it would not be doing the steering any good. here is what it looks like when a jet boat has extra steering on plane,
, and hurt arms https://jetboaters.net/threads/jetb...-thrust-vector-wake.20327/page-47#post-382744 And the original person who posted this has not said anything and that is usually a dead giveaway. So good luck .For the record we were addressing the original poster who has a 2020 f s h and that has the new style nozzles with the redesigned and excellent reverse setup , then we get people who have no clue what we were talking about who have boats made prior to 2019 that have the old style nozzles so that just confuses people intentionally or otherwise and that is not very productive or accurate.

Question, should I get a thrust vector with lateral thrust or just a thrust vector? I'm not sure which would be better.
Thank you

I see the original post was edited. As it was not stated this way originally. making many of our responses sound off.

Back