• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust Vector Question on 2023 FSH 222

SAA_Woodstock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This website forum provides good information and I have benefited from it, and hope to contribute back. Not trying to bash JBP product. Just thought it may be helpful to provide my experience to help others from damage to their boat or even worse having the steering jammed. Personally, regardless of how it happened the fin shouldn’t be able to rise that high and get lodged in the gap. Had my boat only for 10 hours of use and already needing to repair gel coat. Plus had to pay for the repair myself sucking up the cost for the time and product needed for the repair. Just hope that nobody else has this problem.

NeoBrew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The thrust vectors are a good product. Your experience is unique as far as I can tell. Mine have been on for a couple of years with no issues. They are great.

SAA_Woodstock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The thrust vectors are a good product. Your experience is unique as far as I can tell. Mine have been on for a couple of years with no issues. They are great.
Do you have the same boat hull design as mine? If not, you’re comparing apples and oranges.

Last edited:

NeoBrew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you have the same boat hull design as mine? If not, you’re comparing apples and oranges.
I don't know. I have a 2018.

I just didn't want the history of this thread to leave a tone that the TV product isn't good. I've been very happy with it. I'm not here to pick a fight. Just wanted to put my opinion into the discussion. You are welcome to disregard it.

SAA_Woodstock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don't know. I have a 2018.

I just didn't want the history of this thread to leave a tone that the TV product isn't good. I've been very happy with it. I'm not here to pick a fight. Just wanted to put my opinion into the discussion. You are welcome to disregard it.
Well… if your experience is with a different hull and maybe even a different version of the Thrust Vector, then there would be a question of how your comment would be relevant? My pictures say it all, and my situation is obviously very specific to the 2023 FSH 222 hull. This thread is about possible steering jam and damage to someone’s boat. This is a huge safety issue and you want to just defend something because you like it, even though it’s not relevant?

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This website forum provides good information and I have benefited from it, and hope to contribute back. Not trying to bash JBP product. Just thought it may be helpful to provide my experience to help others from damage to their boat or even worse having the steering jammed. Personally, regardless of how it happened the fin shouldn’t be able to rise that high and get lodged in the gap. Had my boat only for 10 hours of use and already needing to repair gel coat. Plus had to pay for the repair myself sucking up the cost for the time and product needed for the repair. Just hope that nobody else has this problem.
Sucks. Did you reach out to JBP?

SAA_Woodstock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sucks. Did you reach out to JBP?
Sure did contact JBP and got the standard disclaimer.

"While JetBoatPilot cannot accept responsibility for the damage and it's uncertain what caused the Thrust Vector to travel that far past its ride position, I will offer to refund your purchase price of the Thrust Vector. Since it was not purchased directly from us or installed by us I cannot refund cash but I can offer you a store credit in the amount of the cost of the Thrust Vector system."

I'm thankful to at least received a store credit for cost of the Thrust Vector set. The store credit didn't help with the $300 dealer install cost or the repairs needed on the gel coat. Far as the safety concern with the steering, I decided to that it would be best to go with a steering enhancement that would not move freely upward into that gap next to the ladder. Getting ready to instal the Cobra Super Magnum AK-19 DELUXE Steering System which I believe will be a much better system. Cobra Jet Steering

TommyMcK

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
If you haven't yet, you might consider running the boat stock for a bit before installing another system. In my experience (for what it's worth, which may not be much for others) these boats are pretty darn good out of the box.

SAA_Woodstock

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Update; we removed the Thrust Vectors and for a replacement solution we decided to go with the Cobra Jet Steering. They were easy to install and love the fact that they are made of aluminum that won't flex under pressure and come with an extra tie-rod for support. Took the boat out yesterday on Lake Allatoona to test the ride with Cobra Jet Steering for the first time. Our 2023 FSH 222 Sport E handled very well on the water at low speed as well as on-plane at cruising speeds. Cool thing is you always have steering control while throttled up or not. My wife really liked the cruising speed drive difference as well as slow speed while she drove putting the boat on the trailer.

IMG_7592.jpegIMG_7591.jpegIMG_7590.jpegIMG_7589.jpegIMG_7588.jpegIMG_7587.jpegIMG_7586.jpeg

Last edited: