• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust Vector Wake Update: Deflector Lock Torture Testing

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals! We're in full swing developing the production version of the Thrust Vector Wake and we wanted to share some footage we captured today while trying to find the fail point on one of the key components in the system.

As you may know the deflector which knocks down the jet wash and cleans up the face of the wave, has a patent pending quick change feature which allows boaters to change the deflection angle quickly without the need for tools or to get in the water. In order to hold the deflector in place while operational and to prevent the deflector from changing position without your asking it to, we developed a integrated spring in the side of the fin which provides a sort of locking feature that cannot be overcome unless you pull hard against it.

Many have asked "do you feel like that locking feature will last" to which we replied we hope so! lol, but seriously we now know that YES IT WILL!

We've been cycling the locking feature for the past two days and documenting our findings and to our surprise we've not been able to find the fail point yet after nearly 2000 cycles.

With this level of dependability we anticipate that the Thrust Vector Wake's quick change deflector will last the lifetime of the product and we'll be plenty confident to put our limited lifetime warranty on the product.

Here's the video explaining in more detail what I just wrote. Enjoy!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What about the Eagle Beaks? Those will be under tremendous pressure especially on the "surf side" if ballasted. The best surf wave, so far, has been with swim deck bag and the corner of the swim platform under water. Granted surf speeds are generally low 10-12mph but it is not uncommon to spike to 15-16mph or higher, before things settle down.

--

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The eagle beak has now become the Eagle Head! We're using solid billet aluminum for the entire pivot area and beak and we're attaching the stop to that. I think it will hold just fine. Everywhere we can we're beefing up the hardware. That is why it is taking so long to get new video. Everytime I think I have it where I want it I find another improvement. Video soon to come!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
All this just to remove some spray behind the boat?? Glad you realized the beak was not going to hold up.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Seems pretty cool

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
All this just to remove some spray behind the boat?? Glad you realized the beak was not going to hold up.
@JetBoatPilot my kids sincerely thank you for working on a product to remove the spray while they are tubing. Especially since they are only 5 and 3 years old.

IndySmittyYammi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot my kids sincerely thank you for working on a product to remove the spray while they are tubing. Especially since they are only 5 and 3 years old.
@JetBoatPilot thank you for putting so much care into a product that will help make boating days even better for some of us. My kids, my surf buddies, and myself are super excited to utilize this!

I sincerely don't understand the naysayers and passive aggressive comments that keep coming up on these threads. Competition or not. I'm newer to this forum and I joined to be the first to learn about exciting new products for my boat. I didn't join to watch a vendor jump into every thread about their competition and drop snide comments.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you @IndySmittyYammi. We're here for people like you and @CAM212SS and every other boater on this board. All we're looking to do is to help people and to solve problems. Its worked well for us and we're proud of the way our products have served others! This one is going to be our best yet!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
man I want these so badly, and I haven't even received my boat yet haha. Self control, self control...

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot I have to say this is the first product I have purchased from JetBoatPilot. It has been great watching this product come to life and all the testing along the way to ensure a durable/quality final product! Can't wait to get my hands on it in the Spring! You will make one little girl very happy that she won't have jet wash in her face while tubing.

KC-AR240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am new here and new to boats. But I've noticed that seems to me IMO that you have a lot of negativity towards this company/person. Jealousy is an ugly thing if that's what it is. If I've taken this the wrong way, then correct me.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Now I understand what this thing does- I looked on the website and didn't really understand. For some reason I thought it was to clean up the wake for surfing...

I wonder how this and the Wakebooster would work together?

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Now I understand what this thing does- I looked on the website and didn't really understand. For some reason I thought it was to clean up the wake for surfing...

I wonder how this and the Wakebooster would work together?
It is proposed to do just that. It has 4 settings/positions:
1. Off
2. Wakesurfing
3. Wakeboarding
4. Tubing

The first 2 positions are meant to clean up the wake for wake surfing(2) and wakeboarding(3). The 3rd position more aggressively deflects spray down for tubing.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
If I am understanding correctly only the tube setting does anything on single engine boats correct? Still worth it for me since I mainly care about the tube spray :) I already have my preorder in

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
If I am understanding correctly only the tube setting does anything on single engine boats correct? Still worth it for me since I mainly care about the tube spray :) I already have my preorder in
It has to clean the wave as well, we need videos.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot I watched the video of the new "X" fins that you put out (which I purchased just before the "deflector" fins came out). I noticed on the video you put an addendum in that the epoxy was to be used for a side bracket. My question is this, if I were to switch at a later date to the deflectors, do I need to get that bracket and epoxy off or will it fit utilizing that same side bracket?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Honestly if I didn’t care about water sports I would own a totally different boat, so yeah this is a big deal. I just don’t get you sometimes. You make a great product but sometimes you just need to say less. Keep in mind I respect your knowledge and input on things.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I hope you can understand. I made the mistake of warning him about the birds beak that I was certain it would fail and obviously he has spent a lot of time redesigning that part , so this should confirm my sincere concerns on that part.
I see other things but I will refrain from pointing those out. Just remember when it comes to making steering that works properly in all conditions messing with the design to get it to do something it was never intended to do is most likely going to have it's down side.
Sorry that I care about this and you can be assured My focus is in the best interest of the consumer.
Go back and pay close attention to the original description of the benefits this was intended to provide and see how this changed from a surf able wake being provided to just cleaning up the water spray.
Pre sales were being taken based on the original description, my concern was for the consumer but now I will wait for these to hit the water and see if I am correct.
Remember I hear from a lot of people who don't say a word on the web sites as well as the ones that do. There are non steering ways to fix the spray.
Example, pump wedges were made to change the angle of the jet wash . Adding a 20 foot piece to the tow rope is the standard way to deal with towing tubes etc , inexpensive and very effective.
I have a feeling that this just may become the EDSEL of the jet boat steering I hope for your sakes I am incorrect but I have a lot of experience with steering designs and I have serious reservations on this design .
Proper steering is a serious thing and any compromise in an attempt to get a non steering effect is ill advised . This is my honest opinion .