• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust Vector XL's

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Master-Spud : Wanna hear some really KEWL news ?

In the past 18 months, I have never read anything but PRAISE and Success involving Will's (JetBoatPilot) Thrust Vector products !
For all of the people who visit and reside here, that's pretty resounding PRAISE !
Regardless of what your final "cost" is,
you'll be PLEASED with THRUST VECTORS !
Good Luck. And Merry Christmas !

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well that's disappointing to hear
No not really, We will have a fix before you splash your boat for this up coming year. Just realize these are aftermarket components and sometimes we have to see the issues before we can fix them.

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
That it does, one more thing. The dealer I bought the boat at says adding fins cuts a few mph off the top speed. Is there any truth to that? What about backing into sand bars? Easier to damage the fins? Sorry for all the questions just trying to decide if they are right for me or not. And I assume you are, but what about high speed manouvers, say 45mph, full turn to Port? no issues with flex or breaking of the fins? And last but not least, can you still use them if you are using a WakeWedge?
When I got my boat new the recorded high speed on my speedometer was 54 mph, I am assuming from the factory test run. I put on the original TV fins before the boat ever touched water with me as owner. When I did make it into the water my top speed was 54mph. The second year I had the boat I switched to TV XL, my top speed with them is still 54mph...from that I say no, no speed loss from TV fins, and no loss from the TV XL. As for improving steering while in the "neutral" position, there is 4 fins in the water that turn with the steering wheel and deflect water.. I don't see how it can't help, although I have never tried without them,, but I don't know how it can hurt either. Good luck.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Three hours of cruising today and I discovered a fun aspect of TVXLs. At about 2800 rpm the vectors start to raise up and shoot spray a few feet up. My girls thought it was cool... Guess I did too.
image.jpg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Belleville_Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes they didn't change the hull for 2015 on the 212x.
Ahh ok, well glad I asked because was about to pull the trigger on purchasing these since the wife tried driving it Saturday and it was evident I will definitely need these if she ever plans on playing captain again. So just to clarify, currently if I get the TVXL's for my 212X they will bind if you turn the wheel fully one way or the other? If so, could you please let me know if/when you resolve this and I'll buy a set.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No, they will not bind - not whatsoever.
Will's design of his Thrust Vectors are THE BOMB and have been fully tested under all conditions.
After installation, you'll be very pleased ......... and your Bride will be THRILLED !
Good Luck and great boating to you, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The binding issues described is if you also have the wake wedge installed... If you haven't bought a wake wedge then you are fine using the TVXL.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ahh ok, well glad I asked because was about to pull the trigger on purchasing these since the wife tried driving it Saturday and it was evident I will definitely need these if she ever plans on playing captain again. So just to clarify, currently if I get the TVXL's for my 212X they will bind if you turn the wheel fully one way or the other? If so, could you please let me know if/when you resolve this and I'll buy a set.
Sure will and as above stated with the wake wedge only this is an issue.