• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed Thrust Vector XV Group Buy November 2016

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Rtimleck yes we added a rubber guard to prevent metal on metal rubbing when the fins are in the up position. The cross member was rubbing against the reverse bucket at times so the rubber guard was added to protect the powder coat.

Otherwise they are the same as they have been all along.

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
couple of questions:

1. I love the fact that my AR190 can basically rotate 360 degrees when at a stop by locking the steering fully one way or another and bumping in and out of idle position. In other words staying in one spot and spinning like a top. I find this very useful in tight docking situations. With the a rudder system installed, do you loose this ability or is it hampered in any way?

2. How much clearance does one loose when these are installed on and AR190? I find myself anchored in shallow water quite a bit and would not want these bouncing off the bottom.

3. How are tight turns effected at high speed? Can the boat still slide?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Summers420us

At neutral or idle you will have more control if you have some momentum. You won't lose any control that you gave.

You will increase your draft by about 4-5 inches if you're concerned about shallow water. Best trick I've seen is to flip up the fins and insert a small section of a pool noodle into the nozzle which serves to keep the fins up while at anchor.

As for high speeds the fins get completely out of the water at high speeds so you won't see any change from factory in that regard.

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On board for the group buy. Get the discount guys. The more we get the less we pay!!!

RodK

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Great.. i am interested and will email an order

Cohenmd86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just emailed for twin engine black 212x let me know details! Thanls

jmkiesz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Sent an Email I'm in for a twin set.

vjason

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
E-mail sent...

SierraWhiskey

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just emailed you to order a set.

I understand the purpose of this is to help with low speed maneuverability, which is why I'm ordering, but I just want to verify this will help my situtation, which I assume is the same as everyone else's. I have a 2016 Yamaha 242 Limited-S and purchased the boat late in the summer this year. I have only had it out about 5 times before having to winterize it so I have been questioning that my issue may just be inexperience. I have had a very difficult time with steering in no-wake zones at minimum throttle, which is scared me to death in a couple narrow log ridden areas such as Torch River in Michigan connecting Torch Lake and Lake Skegemog. The articulating keel only seems to help if I bump up the speed on the "no wake" mode to 4-5mph, but I've gotten yelled at by wake nazi's for throwing a ripple! Anyway, my question is if this will solve the problem at absolute minimum throttle position?

jmkiesz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Anybody receive a response on your e-mail. Just making sure I sent it correctly.
@JetBoatPilot

Last edited:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@SierraWhiskey yes that is the reason we created the Thrust Vectors in the first place. They will dramatically improve your slow speed steering at idle power up to no wake speeds.

Last edited:

SierraWhiskey

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you. Can't wait to try it ou this spring!

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Quick question on this group buy - these are the ones that came on my boat when I got it. They are decent but I was wondering if there was a better or larger set that has a center piece too - something that gives more directional control. If so, I'd be interested in the buy.

Attachments

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Quick question on this group buy - these are the ones that came on my boat when I got it. They are decent but I was wondering if there was a better or larger set that has a center piece too - something that gives more directional control. If so, I'd be interested in the buy.
Those look like original Cobra Jets (or a knock off of them) my boat came with some that looked just like that but were home made, if there is no name stamped on them they are knock offs.
Thrust Vectors will give you much more control than these do, that was my experience anyway.

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They say, "Cobra Jet Steering" on them. They were on it when I got it but I'd like more low speed control. If I recall correctly, the newer ones have more of a keel in the middle or something like that.

Those look like original Cobra Jets (or a knock off of them) my boat came with some that looked just like that but were home made, if there is no name stamped on them they are knock offs.
Thrust Vectors will give you much more control than these do, that was my experience anyway.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They say, "Cobra Jet Steering" on them. They were on it when I got it but I'd like more low speed control. If I recall correctly, the newer ones have more of a keel in the middle or something like that.
The newer boats have the keel between the jets. The new Thrust Vectors for your boat are bigger and have a cross bar between the fins on each jet that make them flip up when you speed up.

Glenn DuBois

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I am in. I just sent and email to will.

RodK

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I am in also..

gpp7824

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any update on discount after the 'units' counting was changed?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like at the moment if everyone that has signed up follows through we are at 16 units. That puts us on track to hit the 20 mark by the end of the day Wednesday. Get the word out there and let's get to that next level. I'll also throw in free shipping if we hit the 20 mark.