• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

thrust vectors question

Relaxsingh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
hello all, I joined the group today for the first time.
I have a new 2020 Yamaha SX210, after a couple of uses, I decided to install the thrust vectors. they work really well, night and day difference with steering.
my question is do they spray water while driving? mine is pitching water. at low speeds it spits water up. is this normal?
thanks.
Relaxsingh.

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Tough to say. These things spray water, a video would be helpful for comparison.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
hello all, I joined the group today for the first time.
I have a new 2020 Yamaha SX210, after a couple of uses, I decided to install the thrust vectors. they work really well, night and day difference with steering.
my question is do they spray water while driving? mine is pitching water. at low speeds it spits water up. is this normal?
thanks.
Relaxsingh.
Here is a video JBP put out about this issue. This is a test on a single engine however. Hope it helps.

Relaxsingh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tough to say. These things spray water, a video would be helpful for comparison.
Hi, thanks for the reply. Attach is a video of mine thrust vectors.
Hi, thanks for the reply. The video is too large to upload. I attach some pictures.

Attachments

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have a lot of weight (people)in your bow? Mine do not spray like what your pictures show. Maybe take a picture of the TV's on the boat so we can see if maybe something's going on with the way they are setup.

Relaxsingh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you have a lot of weight (people)in your bow? Mine do not spray like what your pictures show. Maybe take a picture of the TV's on the boat so we can see if maybe something's going on with the way they are setup.
hi , thanks. I will get some pictures of the way they are setup and post.
thank you.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Mine dont spray anything like what you have in the pictures. Is it possible you have the black crossmember between the two fins installed backward or upside down?

Relaxsingh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine dont spray anything like what you have in the pictures. Is it possible you have the black crossmember between the two fins installed backward or upside down?
hi, thank you replying. I will check this Friday. my boat is at a Marina. can you send me a picture of yours if you have one.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Definitely something wrong. Like @mrcleanr6 said, installation issue.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you can also reach out to @JetBoatPilot for questions or help.

ComingInHot

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yes you can. I called with a question and ended up talking with Will Owen. He was very helpful and took the time to answer all of my questions.

bgmatth

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine is close to yours. I have the Thrust Vector on my 2011 242. I had to adjust the tension to make sure the fins could move freely up and down. I recommend to take you boat out with just two people and tank of gas. Try it out with no major load. If you still get major spray then check the tension. Have you lost any top-end speed?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Seems to me this has been one of the issues with that system from day 1 when will you people ever learn it saddens me to see this and yet it continues. I blazed the trail of jet boat steering enhancements back in 2001, I make steering that works at ALL speeds and is adjustable, made from aluminum and has numerous model specific systems as well as plaining surfaces for a cleaner wake that stock and the second tie rod for the AK boats and automatically adjusting steering systems to provide more control at low speed and still provide steering at high speed without the hard turning in the steering wheel as well as steering in OFF power situations, And NO kickstands needed no plastic parts, 5 US patents with over 100 patented claims keeping people from making my steering over 20 years experience , it defies logic but once again I will tell you people do your research then buy your last system first and if you want real steering I have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee if you buy it and don't like it ,return it , however it is like buying a new boat without the expense. Here is the most recent thread for real steering not just at the dock https://jetboaters.net/threads/first-day-with-cobra-jet-fins.32913/

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Seems to me this has been one of the issues with that system from day 1 when will you people ever learn it saddens me to see this and yet it continues. I blazed the trail of jet boat steering enhancements back in 2001, I make steering that works at ALL speeds and is adjustable, made from aluminum and has numerous model specific systems as well as plaining surfaces for a cleaner wake that stock and the second tie rod for the AK boats and automatically adjusting steering systems to provide more control at low speed and still provide steering at high speed without the hard turning in the steering wheel as well as steering in OFF power situations, And NO kickstands needed no plastic parts, 5 US patents with over 100 patented claims keeping people from making my steering over 20 years experience , it defies logic but once again I will tell you people do your research then buy your last system first and if you want real steering I have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee if you buy it and don't like it ,return it , however it is like buying a new boat without the expense. Here is the most recent thread for real steering not just at the dock https://jetboaters.net/threads/first-day-with-cobra-jet-fins.32913/
you have a pm with some questions when you get a chance.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I am going to make the switch as well. I cant bad mouth the tv system. It does its job as intended but after the cobras on my last boat i do think the cobras are better. Not only performance wise but construction as well. Its just more solid. Gonna send you a pm as well jeff.

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is exactly why I bought a set of Thrust Vectors for my boat. Your posts are very unprofessional and turned me off to considering your products.

This guy is trying to troubleshoot an issue and you come here belittling people for buying a competing product while bragging about yours.

You might think you’re gods gift to steering but you’re never getting my money.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you, let common sense prevail. NO increase in draft, fins stay above the original keel and rudder, very carefully designed to avoid the fulcrum effect on the steering helm so the wheel turns nice and smooth at speed.
NO 1 trick pony these, are for all speeds or just for slow speed and they are adjustable for you to finetune the effect at speed, they have the all important PATENTED second tie rod for balance and redundancy, they have the plaining surface option for faster hole shots , smoother ride in chop and a cleaner wake for watersport activities.
They are tempered aluminum the top of the outer fins as well as the entire top inner fins automatically engage the water when the boat slows down off plane and automatically disengage the water when the boat gets back up on plane so you have the correct amount of influence for the speed you are traveling at. No issues with shallow water and beaching or trailering the boat and worrying about the fins hitting the road going over bumps because the part of the boat you will need to pay attention to striking things is the factory rudder. You can choose spring loaded or non spring loaded For the new twin articulating keel boats I honestly feel the best choice is the non spring loaded set, for these reasons, less expensive, easier to install and more slow speed influence due to the different inner fin design, and neither hangs below the rudder and keel so no issues there. On earlier non AK boats the super ultimate system is a better choice because there is no keel and rudder to protect the fins like the new style boats do. But as I often get criticism about about I make steering for the different boats and different boating styles as well as different boating venues. Because this is what I do and have done for the past 20 years. I never hire marketing people to push my systems on facebook I realize this is what people do however I don't if I have something to say you can be sure I will have my name on it. Now my steering will NOT void your warranty but you should worry about your warranty covering problems with your E series reverse operation if you have issues and Yamaha finds out you removed their stainless steel standoffs from the reverse buckets because it is NOT THEIR PART just like the true locks changed some factory parts in the cleanout plugs and rumor has it that was causing issues when they failed as it should. In any event if you want to know something maybe you were told some nonsense by another manufacturer of steering to talk you out of using my steering please just tell me what was said and I can straighten that out very easily. 209 years is a long time to be doing something like this over 100 patented claims really limits what other people are allowed to do 5 us patents shows commitment to this endeavor, It's my baby just watch some of the things I do personally even at my age with P W C's that are equipped with my steering systems and you will realize how much I trust and believe in it's capabilities.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
This is exactly why I bought a set of Thrust Vectors for my boat. Your posts are very unprofessional and turned me off to considering your products.

This guy is trying to troubleshoot an issue and you come here belittling people for buying a competing product while bragging about yours.

You might think you’re gods gift to steering but you’re never getting my money.
I do not need your money or want your money I do things for the jet boat community and have been doing it for a long time I immediately add jerks to my blocked list as I am too old a cat to play with the kittens. You have nothing to offer and I don't have the time to waste on you. consider yourself blocked.