• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust vectors?

TheHomeOffice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
New member here. I have a 2010 Yamaha 242 Limited S. I’m thinking of ordering the thrust vectors from Jet Boat Pilot. Any thoughts on performance at both low speed and at cruising speeds? Did you install yourself? Thanks in advance for responses.

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will help low speed handling, no change at high speed (they flip up as your speed increases)

Easy to install

Lateral Thrusters are their newest invention and will help incredibly with reverse control

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’d def put them on. Simple to do and will help. Don’t over think it. No one on here has wished they didn’t put them on yet.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They help a lot at low speeds especially for new jet boat people. I like that they are spring-loaded and move up at speed or if they hit something.

SupetD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We’ve had the Thrust Vectors for three years and we’re very pleased with them! Very easy to install and a big improvement in low speed handling, no effect on top speed. Highly recommend!!!

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the trust vectors and the Lateral thruster on my SX. Huge difference in reverse control and improved low speed operation. I recommend them also!

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2006 AR210 (no articulating keel) and I’m going to try the Cobra Ultimates. My question is, what do you guys do? Do you keep them in the locking down position or do you let it flip up?

The concern about having them flip up is when I come off plane, I don’t want to have to come to a stop or put the boat in nuetral so the fangs can come off the top of the jet spray in the down position. I want to know that when I slow down that the fangs are down and ready to assist in my steering.

What has been your experience and what has worked best for you guys?