• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Time for new motors

Laconic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
In case you did not see my other thread (https://jetboaters.net/threads/help-needed-2003-lx210-urgent.22208/ ). I had a motor blow on my boat. I am replacing both. I have one motor out and the new one in its place. While their out, I am having the carbs rebuilt, new reeds, and starters. Luckily I live close to SBT. I dropped the carbs off at Jet Trendz today. SBT has a great guide. I stole my wife's zip locks and numbered them to match the guide.

Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would put in water/fuel filters along with strainers on the cooling intake lines. Good preventative fixes

I just did a top end rebuild and it sounds like you may be getting completely remanufactured engines from SBT.

Do you know why the engines blew in the first place? Very important

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If u haven’t gotten rid of the oil injection do so, and premix. And yes water/fuel filters like @4x15mph said. I also put priming balls in my fuel lines, fuel loves to drain back to tank. Didn’t like having to crank the engines so much trying to get the fuel to the engines. I installed the priming balls in the fuel lines and pump until hard, and motors starts right up.🤙🏽

Attachments

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@rkim808 where do I get the water fuel filters? I already have the bulbs. I am making good progress. I should have the new reeds installed today and then cleanup and wait for the carbs.
Aloha @Laconic I got them from my local Yamaha Dealer, they’re used for the outboard engine installs. I’ll try and get the Yamaha part numbers from them tomorrow. It’s the Holiday and they’re closed.🤙🏽

Laconic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
@rkim808 I found the part numbers for the fuel filters. Your picture was super helpful. I have all the fuel parts ordered. Now just looking for the water inlet strainers.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Inlet strainer ... Groco wsb-500-p

I’d keep the oil injection system.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered my water strainers from island racing. I also recommend that you keep the oil injection so long as you tighten all of the lines.

Laconic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I have the motors in and started breaking them in today. I need to order the water strainers. Does anyone have any pictures of their install? Thanks for all your help.

addisonm06

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
heres a photo of the water strainer installed. I also purchased mine from Island Racing. No need to remove the oil pumps, just upgrade the oil lines and secure them using stainless steel wire or oetiker clamps.

While you are order the strainers, i would order 2 shut off valves as well. Peace of mind if you ever have to get towed, limp in on 1 engine, or even just flush the motors or winterize them.

Attachments

Last edited:

addisonm06

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@rkim808 I found the part numbers for the fuel filters. Your picture was super helpful. I have all the fuel parts ordered. Now just looking for the water inlet strainers.
Fram G2 fuel filters from Walmart work great!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Mirage LX
Boat Length
So I just blew up my engine
How much money did it cost to replace

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Mirage LX
Boat Length
No sir the RPMS just started dropping. I killed it to see what's going on and found handfuls of metal

Laconic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I bought the 2-year warranty engines, I replaced the starters, reeds and had the carbs rebuilt at the same time. So I think it was around $4k but I did everything except rebuilding the carbs myself.