• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Time for new tires

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you go to the Maxxis Internet site and Type in your location, it will show you the closest maxxis tire dealers near you. I was totally surprised to find that there was a dealer right in my relatively small home town. I got tires the same day I checked the Internet site and got them cheaper than discount tire prices. I think $97 a tire.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If you go to the Maxxis Internet site and Type in your location, it will show you the closest maxxis tire dealers near you. I was totally surprised to find that there was a dealer right in my relatively small home town. I got tires the same day I checked the Internet site and got them cheaper than discount tire prices. I think $97 a tire.
I went to their website and it says the
ST205/75R14 6PR TL M8008 ST RADIAL
tire is $141.31 ouch!

What tire did you get?

Edit: local discount tire store can order them for $107 a tire.

Last edited:

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maxxis Radials will be my next purchase. I work for an Acura dealership so the price for the tires will be reasonable and the mounting and balancing is free.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Maxxis Radials will be my next purchase. I work for an Acura dealership so the price for the tires will be reasonable and the mounting and balancing is free.
If you don't mind me asking how much more would I be paying through discount tire at $107 vs what cost is?

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went to their website and it says the
ST205/75R14 6PR TL M8008 ST RADIAL
tire is $141.31 ouch!

What tire did you get?

Edit: local discount tire store can order them for $107 a tire.
I got the st205/75r14 m8008 radial. If you would like, I can check to see how much one would cost shipped to your address tommorrow and if reasonable give you their phone number to order. One thing you do want to make clear when ordering is that you will get a recent manufacturer date.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I got the st205/75r14 m8008 radial. If you would like, I can check to see how much one would cost shipped to your address tommorrow and if reasonable give you their phone number to order. One thing you do want to make clear when ordering is that you will get a recent manufacturer date.
Thanks for the offer. If you paid just $10 less per tire the shipping alone would probably bump the cost up close to my price. So hold off on that for now. Sounds like we would be getting the same tire though.

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you don't mind me asking how much more would I be paying through discount tire at $107 vs what cost is?
Mark up on tires will be different from place to place but I'm gong to pay around 70 per tire or so depending on which one of my suppliers I use.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Mark up on tires will be different from place to place but I'm gong to pay around 70 per tire or so depending on which one of my suppliers I use.
Thanks. Seems like my markup is reasonable. I've priced out tires before and Discount Tire always had a competitive price.

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks. Seems like my markup is reasonable. I've priced out tires before and Discount Tire always had a competitive price.
It actually is a good deal and love the graphics on your boat by the way!

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It actually is a good deal and love the graphics on your boat by the way!
Thanks, I can't wait to add some stickers and get some swag to match :woot:

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have had every tire made for my work trailer. Maxxis were the best...but then we went through a series of bad ones. Than Towmaster was a good one too. We now only run the GreMax tires with a great deal of success. I had never heard of them before my dealer recommended them. They wear really well and I now have them on the camper and the boat trailer too.
These? Looks good cuz they're cheap!

http://simpletire.com/eldorado-205-75r14-gm002-tires?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=97177&gclid=CMDjvvT03r8CFVIQ7AodtyEASg

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
That's not the same one. I will check the model number shortly and let u know

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I run 195 width BFG AT truck tires. Screw the hit or miss trailer tires and roll something that lasts 100k!

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I run 195 width BFG AT truck tires. Screw the hit or miss trailer tires and roll something that lasts 100k!
My buddy has been running BFGs on his heavy duty tandem axle landscape/equipment trailers for years. And his trailers are carrying some serious weight.
He swears by them.

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Seriously... For every guy liking one trailer tire brand, another has the horror story for that brand. It makes no sense... Buy BFG ATs and it's DONE.

This is the best piece of knowledge I have to share with the forum!