• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tinted windows

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I may have to re-think this taking the windshield out idea. Just talked to a professional glass tinting establishment and they will do the job for $150 if I bring them the glass or if I bring them the boat it would be $300 and they would take the glass out. Either way, the only way they tint boat windows...or at least my style of boat....is to take the glass out. The guy I spoke with made it sound like it was fairly simple. But that's coming from a guy who does that kind of thing for a living. But I would have to agree with him on one thing. Would be a great time to re-tighten any loose screws that attach the lower channel to the boat.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
$300 seems to be the going rate so if you dont want the windows removed id keep searching for a $300 no removal rate. If you want to save the $150, removing the windows is easy. Just remove the screws holding the frame to the windows (actually holding he frame parts together) and to hull. I'd also mark the parts of the hull where the frame connects with a grease pen so that I could get the windows realigned as they were. Lastly, try removing the supports from the windows frame instead of from the helm stations. Reinstalling these supports from the bottom/inside of the helms and between the fiber glass and liner will be a pita. I know because I had to tighten them after my tint was installed and the nuts are not easy to get to.

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here in Houston the guy quoted me $240. The place does lots of boats and has done two of my cars. Plan on getting it done this month before boating season gets in full swing.